• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October Discussion

TalcottWx

Don't understand some of you guys. Why wait until its uncomfortably cold in the house to turn on heat? My thermostat is set on 70 during the day and 66 after bedtime. If my wife is cold, she is not getting out of bed this morning to make blueberry pancakes and hash browns. Makes no sense to me, especially since nat. gas/ oil prices are way down and the summer electric bills were less than normal. You work hard for a living. At the very least, you should eat well and have your family comfortable in your home. 57 is around what I keep my place up in Lake George when I'm not there in winter so the pipes don't freeze in the basement.

Its a New England thing. Seeing if you can make it to November before turning on the heat.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually my wife told me not to, Its really not that bad. If I didn't get up early for Sunday softball the sun would would have warmed the house. As far as energy costs go,I Will save now so I don't pay later, if winter is bad things will go south quickly.

I hear you. My wife will put up with all kinds of crap from me but being cold is not one of them. If I didn't throw the heat on by the time it got down to 65, she would throw it up to 75 when I left the house to compensate for how cold she felt

Debbie downer foliage Kev must have live in the worst part of Ct for foliage,it's absolutely beautiful out here today.

Shhhh....  I think he subscribes to every foliage tweeter feed and then posts only the ones that have pics that support his stance - just like with the "drought" and mets.

I had a nice ride to Rhode Island yesterday, despite the rain.  Lots of color.  Classic fall.  Even starting to be past peak in places with bare trees!

Shhhh.... I think he subscribes to every foliage tweeter feed and then posts only the ones that have pics that support his stance - just like with the "drought" and mets.

I had a nice ride to Rhode Island yesterday, despite the rain. Lots of color. Classic fall. Even starting to be past peak in places with bare trees!

down 44?

Don't understand some of you guys. Why wait until its uncomfortably cold in the house to turn on heat? My thermostat is set on 70 during the day and 66 after bedtime. If my wife is cold, she is not getting out of bed this morning to make blueberry pancakes and hash browns. Makes no sense to me, especially since nat. gas/ oil prices are way down and the summer electric bills were less than normal. You work hard for a living. At the very least, you should eat well and have your family comfortable in your home. 57 is around what I keep my place up in Lake George when I'm not there in winter so the pipes don't freeze in the basement.

70 and down to 66, nice, 64 and 60 here and I'm considering going lower than that at night. 33 for the low IMBY today.

I would think maybe they meant km/hr?? 155 km/hr = 96 mph?

I was just wondering if someone fat-fingered their units here... 

Tropical Storms simply do not produce Category 5 wind gusts, **unless** said was measured in a meso/TOR, but even then ... land falling TC's that produce twister swarms ..those are usually in the E-OF 0 - 2 range (which Bermuda does not qualify as a land falling event, anyway).

So, logic makes that "155 mile per hour..." statement hugely suspect to put it mildly. 

Archived