joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Fall 2014

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tonight may be one of those dangerous nights just after sundown where so early in season it doesnt cross people's minds, but threat of wet roads freezing in some places (mainly thinking bridges around here) could cause some problems... especially since some forget how to drive at first sight of a snowflake

What an odd afternoon.  Left work at noon to come home early for a doctor's appointment.  When I got off Exit 8 (Glen Rock) on I-83 and climbed the top hill to enter Seven Valleys, I started getting drizzle on the windshield.  This was about 1:30 pm with a temperature of 43 degrees.  The hilltops disappeared under a fuzz and by 2:00 pm it was 38 with a rain/snow/sleet mix.  Drove to Lancaster and the temp spiked to 43 degrees with rain.  By 3:30 I was back in York County with the temperature falling quickly to 35 degrees and all snow.  Now, as of 4:40 pm it's 33 and light snow in New Salem accumulating on decks, cars and grassy surfaces.

Looking forward to another great winter on American.  Glad to see Central PA forum come to life again.  Going to miss Jamie O's comments though :cry:  

By the way it's snowing and the obligatory Lancaster county deck is covered.

What happened to Jamie?

Hoping those Clearfield bands can make it out this way. Just a couple flurries here so far today.

Getting some steady light snow here.

Both the 06z GFS and 00z Euro are cold enough (within a few degrees of 0C between 850 and 750 mb) at KUNV for all snow during the potential Monday event. Any modest deviation west of this system from those tracks will make rain the more dominant precipitation type. Definitely something to watch but we're still at the period (~84 hrs out) where large shifts can still occur. An eastward shift in guidance would  put the SE regions more in play for frozen QPF as well.

Archived