Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2014 Banter Thread

mattie g

*hugs*

I've been keeping up (congrats on the new job!)

Been mostly hit & run lurking due to dealing with my Dad's Estate fustercluck.

Cautionary tale, choose your Executor very carefully...

Are you going to the Seminar? For comic relief, I'm pondering popping in one night. If I haven't hopped a plane to Fla. to kick some arse. ;)

My mom is dealing with that too from my grandmother. I've stopped asking her how it's going cause she complains a lot!

Thanks on the congrats! Things are going well, job is nice, kiddo is good (we've starting to introduce her to the training potty!). All in all just enjoying the summer and the pool.

By seminar you mean the conference? Nah. I'm not going.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*hugs*

I've been keeping up (congrats on the new job!)

Been mostly hit & run lurking due to dealing with my Dad's Estate fustercluck.

Cautionary tale, choose your Executor very carefully...

Are you going to the Seminar? For comic relief, I'm pondering popping in one night. If I haven't hopped a plane to Fla. to kick some arse. ;)

Figured you've been tied up settling your dad's estate. I know it can be a hassle. And you are right about the exec. My mom passed along some very useful info on how to get that set up when my dad died.

Hugs to you and I hope you have a happy 4th

Been a while since we've seen a nice looking hurricane about to hit the US wonder if this one will have more problems than typical.. not much to care about lately. Still a relatively small footprint I guess.

post-1615-0-57437700-1404420529_thumb.jp

Been a while since we've seen a nice looking hurricane about to hit the US wonder if this one will have more problems than typical.. not much to care about lately. Still a relatively small footprint I guess.

attachicon.gifGOES20372014184KmK451.jpg

yeah, seems like most of them are sheared out messes by the time they get that close to the NC coast.  That is a fine looking one though.

In California for the past month, when I get back next week I hope to see some rain. Hopefully Leesburg can drum some up for me.

It's getting a bit crunchy bro....we are getting some spits and dribbles but the wet season looks done out here. Gonna have to wait for the Leesburg 04 event in early September to make up for the approaching rainfall deficit...safe travels

Yesterday, was at the pool (not one of the Baltimore neighborhood pools, but, kinda close to it, Meadowbrook, an old school Baltimore pool - like a Y), and was tasked with grilling for the group of friends who had gathered for an end of the weekend pool dealie. The outdoor pool area has a shady grassy area well off one end of the pool where Meadowbrook has about four or five throwback outdoor grills cemented into the ground with picnic tables. We set up at one of those, and I fired up the charcoal. 

About 20 minutes later, I put the burgers on, and proceed to cook them. I am standing there, facing the grill, back to the pool area (which is about 100 feet behind me), when I feel an arm around my shoulder. Startled, a I turn to see which of my friends is that close and in my personal space, and instead see a complete stranger - late 50s early 60s dude - rockin' a short pony tale - in just his swimsuit. Face in mine, he says, "can you do something about the smoke? it's blowing over toward the pool". Startled, I pulled away from his embrace, and, somewhat flustered, explained to him that, no, I don't control the wind. In fact, I say, in all fairness, I can't control the wind. He looked mad at that information, and stalked off.

Sad, now, that I didn't have a whole bunch of really solid retorts to his fairly all-time dumb question, but in my defense, was pretty caught off-guard. It would have been one thing if I had brought in a grill and set it up too close to a public pool area. But this was a place contemplated for grilling by the pool itself.

In any event, I was able to clarify for a moron yesterday that I don't have the ability to control which way the wind blows.

Archived