joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, however the heavy rain seems to have gone further south than the models had the past few days (HRRR and today's model runs aside). Even yesterday the GFS/NAM/GGEM had a pretty sharp cut off from GFL-RUT over to the Lakes Region in NH. Some of the heaviest totals from this event should be well south of that modeled cut-off....like ALB-Berks-Monadnocks.

summer its best to use short range stuff

Some rain for the lawn would be good. They'll be stuff around tomorrow as well I think.

I am really hoping for some rain. Seems like plenty of systems have just hung out to the west so far, but maybe I have selective memory.

I was impatient and seeded some bare spots in my lawn, and any chance to reduce the manual watering is much welcomed. Luckily, these spots are heavily shaded (hence the bareness) and I am trying to establish some tall fescue, so the heat factor is greatly reduced.

It's somewhat windy at least, has that feel of a front coming through.

Looks like the worst of it is winding down now after several hours of downpours, sheet lightning, and rolling thunder. I haven't checked the rain gauge yet, but it looks to be between 3.5 and 4". Huge pools of standing water on the lawn.

Yeah, everyone W of the Ct River getting a good drink of water tonight.   Cutoff is sharp too.  

Archived