weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy, heavy on the CID doorstep attm.

BOWING COMPLEX OF STORMS OVER N CENTRAL IA IS MOVING EAST AROUND 40

MPH...BUT IS ALSO TRENDING E-SE. AT THE CURRENT RATE...THESE

STORMS MAY REACH INDEPENDENCE AROUND 530 AM...AND IF THE COMPLEX

HOLDS TOGETHER...IT WOULD REACH DBQ TO CID AROUND 730 AM.

To think I left it all behind for months of fog and drizzle.

I think Wiz would be permanently pants-less this time of year if he lived in the DVN CWA. Maybe not the best location for most severe, but basically a MCS every other day in July. Even though they're mostly heavy rainers, they still put our popcorn rumblers to shame.

To think I left it all behind for months of fog and drizzle.

I think Wiz would be permanently pants-less this time of year if he lived in the DVN CWA. Maybe not the best location for most severe, but basically a MCS every other day in July. Even though they're mostly heavy rainers, they still put our popcorn rumblers to shame.

I would love that!

Weird how that line early this morning fell apart and curled up into MA; although my yard has a some leaves down as possible part of gust front as it approached?? Not a drop of rain

I'm in North Woodstock tonight (have a wedding to go to in West Hartford tomorrow) and I'm surprised at how dry it is. Cut the lawn here at the family's camp, and it was like a dust bowl whenever the mower got within 15ft of the dirt road.

A big difference from up home in Stowe where the lawn is sort of soggy in spots from 3" of rain in the past week.

I'm in North Woodstock tonight (have a wedding to go to in West Hartford tomorrow) and I'm surprised at how dry it is. Cut the lawn here at the family's camp, and it was like a dust bowl whenever the mower got within 15ft of the dirt road.

A big difference from up home in Stowe where the lawn is sort of soggy in spots from 3" of rain in the past week.

Welcome to the real New England!

Been pretty dry here lately, thunderstorms have there been not.

Where in West Hartford?

My garden soil was still wet from this morning's rain about 15 miles south of you

My garden soil was still wet from this morning's rain about 15 miles south of you

Cool. Just seemed dry up this way. Made sure to water the plants. I see ORH and BDL are running like 37% and 50% (respectably) of normal-to-date precipitation in June so far.

Of course that can be made up quickly this time of year...within hours in the right set up.

It is a beautiful evening though in CT...just awesome weather. No humidity and comfy temps.

Have seen a few operational model types flagging mid week, this next week...

Euro has a 24 hour heat pulse that's cut by a "dent" in the isopleths and what appears to be subsequent drying, so there could be something interesting across that transition. 

Lapse rates are horrible on Wednesday but the GFS develops some decent instability, thanks to sfc dews which look to be right around 70F (could be overdone)...shear is pretty meh...still some decent convergence though.  

Looks like we'll see some showers and t'storms along the front...shouldn't be anything major but if the instability pans out could maybe see a strong storm or two around.  

Wednesday should be interesting...not necessarily talking interesting as in severe potential but looks like enough ingredients will come together for widespread showers and thunderstorms...both NAM/GFS do generate some decent capes, however, thanks to some pretty high dews...lapse rates suck but if those instability values do verify there definitely would be a few strong to marginally severe cells around...mainly posing a wind threat.  

Wednesday should be interesting...not necessarily talking interesting as in severe potential but looks like enough ingredients will come together for widespread showers and thunderstorms...both NAM/GFS do generate some decent capes, however, thanks to some pretty high dews...lapse rates suck but if those instability values do verify there definitely would be a few strong to marginally severe cells around...mainly posing a wind threat.

I don't need SVR necessarily.....I'm happy with the light show and ear drum splitting thunder......

Could be a heavy rain threat late Wednesday and Wednesday night with a slow moving front and right entrance region of jet which usually favors heavy rain. Winds aloft are borderline for severe if we can get instability.

GFS says 2.05" PWATs over ALY Wed night. That's just a hair above the 99th percentile (over 2 SD).

Not sure I'm buying the widespread 2" QPF in 6 hours like it shows however.

GFS says 2.05" PWATs over ALY Wed night. That's just a hair above the 99th percentile (over 2 SD).

Not sure I'm buying the widespread 2" QPF in 6 hours like it shows however.

Even the euro kind of had a heavy rain look, although I didn't look too deeply.  I guess just a matter of where the front stalls.

Even the euro kind of had a heavy rain look, although I didn't look too deeply.  I guess just a matter of where the front stalls.

There is a nice signal there, I'm leaning more towards the localized side of things though. I guess it's possible the GFS is right and our northern half of the area gets 3-5". At least that might mean a few FFWs. Two short-fused warnings (SVR, FFW, TOR, SMW) all year so far.

Archived