joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS does show some remnant EML kind of air streaking east toward the NE on Wednesday of next week. Worth watching. 

Our favorite model is actually a really favorable pattern to spit out these higher lapse rates aloft. It basically has a chunk of 7-7.5 C/km each day Monday through Wednesday.

post-44-0-33998000-1402493879_thumb.jpg

Euro a little less bullish, but has some signs of life.

It is amazing seeing SAILS in action. Had some of the storms in the SE/Plains pulled up on GR last weekend at work and the extra scan is pretty remarkable. 

Oops..that was supposed to be a response to OceanSt..lol.

Yeah I gotta imagine it will really help out in some of those tornadic SUPS. I did a little reading on that...a really cool tool to have.

Our favorite model is actually a really favorable pattern to spit out these higher lapse rates aloft. It basically has a chunk of 7-7.5 C/km each day Monday through Wednesday.

attachicon.gifMon_EML.jpg

Euro a little less bullish, but has some signs of life.

That's a pretty good way to rip continential lapse rates NE. Good trough over the nrn Rockies. We'll see.

Does it show the actual tornado? Can you link the video

I just saw that video of a plane flying extremely close to a tornado at the St Louis airport last week. How the hell were operations still going on there? TDWR not see the circulation? That's the whole point on why they are there.

Does it show the actual tornado? Can you link the video

I'm pretty sure it didn't go through it based on the perspective I saw..but man that's not an environment you want to go near. It was a little guy..EF1 I believe.  Someone reported the plane lurched a bit, but I don't know if it's true. The cell was spinning for at least a few minutes prior. 

Just randomly decided to briefly look at models but not completely unrealistic to think that a very small window may exist tomorrow, particularly across SW CT for a strong to perhaps borderline severe t'storm 

might not be a bad thought afterall...enough instability present across SW CT to support the line to hold somewhat.  

Thats awesome

I'm pretty sure it didn't go through it based on the perspective I saw..but man that's not an environment you want to go near. It was a little guy..EF1 I believe. Someone reported the plane lurched a bit, but I don't know if it's true. The cell was spinning for at least a few minutes prior.

Paul--what's your thought for up this way (west of G'field, about 8 miles south of the VT line)?  I'm guessing just another round of rain, but I'll defer to you.

Can't rule out a rumble of thunder or a flash of lightning but instability if pretty meager up that way, both surface based and elevated so looks like just another round of heavy rains.  

Can't rule out a rumble of thunder or a flash of lightning but instability if pretty meager up that way, both surface based and elevated so looks like just another round of heavy rains.  

That's what I was guessing--thanks for the confirmation.  I'm not sure how much to expect based on radar.....what looked what might be meh seems to be intensifying. 

Archived