12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm down just SW of Albany in Delmar, NY right now at my parents house and just had a Flash Flood Warning come over the TV.  All of Albany County is under a warning and it hasn't started raining yet but radar shows 1-2"/hr rates upstream.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...  ALBANY COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...  THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF...ALBANY...  SOUTHERN SARATOGA COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...THIS  INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...SARATOGA SPRINGS...CLIFTON PARK...  SCHENECTADY COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...  THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...SCHENECTADY...ROTTERDAM...  EAST CENTRAL SCHOHARIE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...* UNTIL 1000 PM EDT* AT 347 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED  A CLUSTER OF THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FLASH FLOODING.  DOPPLER RADAR RAINFALL ESTIMATES INDICATE THAT ONE TO TWO INCHES  OF RAIN WILL FALL WITH THESE THUNDERSTORMS...WITH RAINFALL RATES  OF ONE TO TWO INCHES PER HOUR. THIS RAINFALL WILL IMPACT THE  EVENING COMMUTE ACROSS THE GREATER CAPITAL DISTRICT...AND  MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING THIS EVENING AS  HEAVY DOWNPOURS REDUCE VISIBILITIES.

I'm down just SW of Albany in Delmar, NY right now at my parents house and just had a Flash Flood Warning come over the TV.  All of Albany County is under a warning and it hasn't started raining yet but radar shows 1-2"/hr rates upstream.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...  ALBANY COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...  THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF...ALBANY...  SOUTHERN SARATOGA COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...THIS  INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...SARATOGA SPRINGS...CLIFTON PARK...  SCHENECTADY COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...  THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...SCHENECTADY...ROTTERDAM...  EAST CENTRAL SCHOHARIE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...* UNTIL 1000 PM EDT* AT 347 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED  A CLUSTER OF THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FLASH FLOODING.  DOPPLER RADAR RAINFALL ESTIMATES INDICATE THAT ONE TO TWO INCHES  OF RAIN WILL FALL WITH THESE THUNDERSTORMS...WITH RAINFALL RATES  OF ONE TO TWO INCHES PER HOUR. THIS RAINFALL WILL IMPACT THE  EVENING COMMUTE ACROSS THE GREATER CAPITAL DISTRICT...AND  MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING THIS EVENING AS  HEAVY DOWNPOURS REDUCE VISIBILITIES.

Decent Kdp enhancement along the leading edge of that line near Albany indicating high concentrations of fairly large raindrops.

Decent Kdp enhancement along the leading edge of that line near Albany indicating high concentrations of fairly large raindrops.

First few drops are starting and yes, they are huge.  Jungle rain drops type stuff.

Decent gust front...had a minute or two of 30-40mph gusts...whole trees in good motion type of stuff but non-damaging.

First few drops are starting and yes, they are huge.  Jungle rain drops type stuff.

Decent gust front...had a minute or two of 30-40mph gusts...whole trees in good motion type of stuff but non-damaging.

Wonder if the line holds up after ramming into the Greens?  I'm betting that my 5:15 tee time will end up getting wet at some point.

A few rumbled here... But yeah, big bag of fail. Of course, I had very, very low expectations to begin with, so maybe it wasn't a complete fail. We knew that these storms would fall apart as they entered sne.

same here-down here seabreeze was really ripping, stable air FTL

Meh, give me some of this and I'll get more excited.

METAR KOMA 032152Z 33040G50KT 1/4SM R14R/0700V1800FT +TSRAGR FEW035 OVC050CB 16/15 A2979 RMK AO2 PK WND 34063/2140 RAB36GRB45 TSB16 SLP086 CONS LTGICCG TS OHD-N MOV SE GR 1 P0115 T01560150

Mind you rain began accumulating at 2146z. That's 1.15" in 6 minutes. They then pulled off another 1.09" in the next 8 minutes. 6 group of 4.11" at 00z.

Archived