joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Should I get hit and the glass wall of my room should do me in, know that I was typing exclamation points at the time.

Also--I just got a text notification warning about tornadoes

Sirens are wailing again

Wrap yourself in a cocoon of shawls, you'll be fine.

Thanks. Should I get hit and the glass wall of my room should do me in, know that I was typing exclamation points at the time.

Also--I just got a text notification warning about tornadoes. THey must do those like Amber alerts.

Sirens are wailing again

Stop posting and go hide in the bathroom or something. And kudos to me, south of the original warned area now also tornado warned. Just ride it out somewhere safe, should only be a few minutes at this point.

uguhapep.jpg

Stop posting and go hide in the bathroom or something. And kudos to me, south of the original warned area now also tornado warned. Just ride it out somewhere safe, should only be a few minutes at this point.

uguhapep.jpg

p.s. you are a lucky bastard.

Tornado sirens are going off!!

Warning is up!!!!! (I'm like wiz iwtth mhy exclanation points tonight).

Wow!  Stay safe but enjoy the thrill of it! Sounds like you have a safe but great weenie location.

Those warning sirens are a sound you hopefully never here back home because the only municipal tower sirens I know of in our area are for the VT Yankee nuke plant in emergency mode...

Wow! Stay safe but enjoy the thrill of it! Sounds like you have a safe but great weenie location.

Those warning sirens are a sound you hopefully never here back home because the only municipal tower sirens I know of in our area are for the VT Yankee nuke plant in emergency mode...

The victims of Chernobyl are not laughing.

Cause they dead. hahaha

The summer of >55DBZs and one strike continue..lol.

Scott, do you expect this week of storms will a cumulative impact on flight delays/cancelations or is that typically not the case?  Looking at the forecasts, I can see the possibility  of many cancelations into/out of CID.  Please don't met me get stranded in CID!!

Scott, do you expect this week of storms will a cumulative impact on flight delays/cancelations or is that typically not the case?  Looking at the forecasts, I can see the possibility  of many cancelations into/out of CID.  Please don't met me get stranded in CID!!

Well when are you coming back? A lot of it depends on two things. Whether storms hit your locale...or a hub. Both impact flights. For instance a line of tstms ripping through Chicago will literally fook up the whole country.

Well when are you coming back? A lot of it depends on two things. Whether storms hit your locale...or a hub. Both impact flights. For instance a line of tstms ripping through Chicago will literally fook up the whole country.

My flight out of CID is early afternoon on Thursday, connecting to BDL through DTW (around 6:30).

In two days the GYX outlook has gone from possible svr tomorrow and maybe Thursday, down to a few showers and maybe a rumble in the SW part of their CWA. No surprise, given how this season has gone - the meh continues.

Always up here, Summer is pretty boring

Looks like a chance for some good storms each day and night I'm here in the Heartland.  Apparently, many people went down into the basement of the hotel during the sirens.  I enjoyed looking out the glass wall.

I think Wiz would enjoy the AFD for tonight.

OTHERWISE...INGREDIENTS APPEAR TO BE COMING TOGETHER FOR AT LEAST ONE
ROUND OF SEVERE STORMS/HEAVY RAIN TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING.
CONFIDENCE IS STILL RATHER LOW IN HANGING MY HAT ON ANY PARTICULAR
SOLUTION...ALTHOUGH RIGHT NOW...TEND TO FAVOR THE HI-RES ARW/NMM
SOLUTIONS...WHICH PUSH AN MCS SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE AREA TONIGHT.
HOWEVER...CANNOT DISCOUNT THE RAP/HRRR FAMILY...WHICH DEVELOPS
DISCRETE SUPERCELLS BY EARLY EVENING AND BRUSHES THE NORTHERN
FRINGES OF THE CWA. STORMS EARLY ON WOULD LIKELY POSE A THREAT FOR
ALL TYPES OF SEVERE WEATHER...INCLUDING TORNADOES.
EVENTUALLY...STORM MERGERS AND BOWING SEGMENTS SHOULD FAVOR
STRAIGHT LINE WINDS.

LOOKING AHEAD TO WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...MODELS INDICATE LESS
CAPPING AND MORE POTENTIAL FOR EARLIER CONVECTION/SEVERE STORMS.
CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE FORECAST AREA WOULD BE
FAVORED FOR HIGHER STORM COVERAGE.

Timing of Thursday is still up in the air, but I'll hedge toward later like Scooter is.

Archived