Newest Member
    joxey
March 12-13 Winter Storm Observations Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch. What a horrific bust. Kevin thought you would get that much sleet

i'm not exactly shocked. The euro never really gave me any WAA accums. I'd probably be more pissed if I was in plymouth or ashland even though they got 3-4" on the front end. I thought they had a chance to not mix at all.

Dangerous flurries.

What a waste of a WWA.

Light snow here in South Windsor that's blowing around more than it's accumulating. No trouble on the roads despite the media hysteria last night warning otherwise.

I take it you're not impressed...lol  I'm not sure what roads you take but I had an icy commute in many places across northern CT.  There also was a tractor trailer accident on I-84 in Tolland so the roads were icy in spots:

http://www.courant.com/community/tolland/hc-tolland-crash-0314-20140313,0,5661318.story

I take it you're not impressed...lol  I'm not sure what roads you take but I had an icy commute in many places across northern CT.  There also was a tractor trailer accident on I-84 in Tolland so the roads were icy in spots:

http://www.courant.com/community/tolland/hc-tolland-crash-0314-20140313,0,5661318.story

I was stuck in that traffic, roads north of exit 67 where bad

That's par for the course.

Getting hammered. Easily an inch or more.

Definitely was not expecting this 12 hours ago.

Low visibility, and not a plow in sight (The state wasted all of their money scraping asphalt on 40 degree days).

It's probably safe to say that no one thought you would get more snow than MPM out of this storm. lol

One more picture.  It shows the backyard.  It is hard to see but in the middle towards the back, there is the top of a gate.  It is attached to a two foot high wire fence which was almost all covered.  Snow depth there was about 24/ 25 inches though the new depth around there was around 11 inches as it is a bit exposed.

post-1533-0-62947000-1394720228_thumb.jp

Sunapee guy, where are you located that you have 9.7"?

Burkehaven Hill, a couple hundred feet over the harbor. Turns out I should've measured in multiple spots haha. That 9.7 (now over 10 inches) was a drift. Another measurement yielded 7.2 inches.

Mountain is only reporting 4 inches... Strange, might've stayed ZR for longer than I did.

Archived