CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 12-13 Winter Storm Observations Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's modeled quite often, but rarely produces...I rolled the dice it would not.  

There's certain synoptic setups that produce it...you want the 5H trough axis to still be to your west generally spekaing. In this case it was, so there was more of a reason to believe the models than a case where it tries to produce backlash on a trough axis that has already swung up into the gulf of maine.

There's certain synoptic setups that produce it...you want the 5H trough axis to still be to your west generally spekaing. In this case it was, so there was more of a reason to believe the models than a case where it tries to produce backlash on a trough axis that has already swung up into the gulf of maine.

Yeah. That is a good point. The upper level is the key here it seems

I still think my call of 1-3", with me getting close to 1" will be more correct than some of the higher amounts people mentioned for the Rte 2 area.

Like Will said, some setups are good with wrap around snows as the mid level lows deepen and pass near and south of us. This had some good low level moisture too. I went 1 to perhaps 2" for Logan last night. That was my wording and it seems to be working out.

Looks like close to an inch here in Leominster since I arrived at work around 7:15 (went in a little later than usual). But I have a bad view and it is in a light well, so the amount is probably off.

On the roads here earlier, it was just wet, with a coating on grass/etc. vs back at home

A coworker just arrived who also lives in Hubbardston and she guessed an inch, but roads were pretty bad

Archived