joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12-13 Winter Storm Observations Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That actually doesn't look like normal "wrap around" to me, to be honest. Almost looks like a different kind of mechanism produced it rather than "comma head" snows. 

ULL, whatever it is was spectacular,very convective, lots of stuff going on in that pic. Stowe is still getting snow and it looks just fantastic. Sunday River is going to be off the hook, reports of 46 OTG in Andover not far from Newry.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/html/cams/stowe.shtml

LOL, who'd ever thought Will and I would be close for seasonal snowfall.

One of the more dissapointing endings to a season that I can recell, especially considering how much cold has been available...we've managed surpressions, and now a rainer.

Maddening ending.

The one that looked like a lock flew southward, but of course the rainer stayed pinned.

One of the more dissapointing endings to a season that I can recell, especially considering how much cold has been available...we've managed surpressions, and now a rainer.

Maddening ending.

The one that looked like a lock flew southward, but of course the rainer stayed pinned.

Well the GFS revived St Patty's day a bit.

This is a very cold and active pattern. I honestly would hold tight on closing the door on winter. Sure we can always have bad luck...but you can only dodge so many missiles, or as well said...bullets.

regression to the mean? lol, even ACK coming in with an inch

Well, there is a reason that ORH averages about 20-25" more than him, and not 50".

I'm not sure why you love to take thinly vailed shots at the regression to the mean notion at every opportunity, but if you'd like....check back in 15 years, and see how the long term means across the region stand relative to where they are now.

Well the GFS revived St Patty's day a bit.

This is a very cold and active pattern. I honestly would hold tight on closing the door on winter. Sure we can always have bad luck...but you can only dodge so many missiles, or as well said...bullets.

Just making an ob, weather has been the furthest thing from my mind for a while now.

We'll see what happens.

Maddening ending.

if its over, I agree 100%, could have been a real contendah but it happens.

Well, there is a reason that ORH averages about 20-25" more than him, and not 50".

I'm not sure why you love to take thinly vailed shots at the regression to the mean notion at every opportunity, but if you'd like....check back in 15 years, and see how the long term means across the region stand relative to where they are now.

Geez Ray, standing joke, its cool bro. You know I fully understand and believe it is a fact , just bustin man.

regression to the mean? lol, even ACK coming in with an inch

It actually is somewhat...compared to earlier in the season. I think Scooter had like a 17" lead on ORH at one point, but now trails by like 5".

Though there was bound to be a yea rof closer totals after ORH had like 109" last year and BOS region had high 60s to low 70s...thats a pretty big gap, even for those two stations.

not for nothing but as minor as this event was this morning it was pretty sweet. I rose at 430 AM and looked at a very very crappy radar and thought  yep typical non event ending, to have that blow up like that really was fun. Full snow cover again even if for only a day in Mid March down here is special. A+ ending of a crap rain storm, good winds though.

It actually is somewhat...compared to earlier in the season. I think Scooter had like a 17" lead on ORH at one point, but now trails by like 5".

Though there was bound to be a yea rof closer totals after ORH had like 109" last year and BOS region had high 60s to low 70s...thats a pretty big gap, even for those two stations.

Well seeing as it was said tongue in cheek,<as if I am not aware of climo< I would say: ya think? LOL William you are going to have a blast, man I hope Friday dumps so I can convince the boys to stay, we would tear it up.

not for nothing but as minor as this event was this morning it was pretty sweet. I rose at 430 AM and looked at a very very crappy radar and thought  yep typical non event ending, to have that blow up like that really was fun. Full snow cover again even if for only a day in Mid March down here is special. A+ ending of a crap rain storm, good winds though.

Agree.

Final between 1.5" and 2" here.

Well seeing as it was said tongue in cheek,<as if I am not aware of climo< I would say: ya think? LOL William you are going to have a blast, man I hope Friday dumps so I can convince the boys to stay, we would tear it up.

I hope any systems stay south of SR next week...some of the clown range stuff was trying to cut a storm west on the weekend. That would suck.

That said, the mountain is going to be in mid-winter form next week.

Archived