• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer of a run for us southerners--perhaps we can eek out a little.  I can't see how quickly (or perhaps slowly) the cooler air comes in.  Does it still provide a flash freeze situation just later?

Fun times for the mountains.  Fun, fun times.

Meanwhile, what a beaut today is.  Went to Hampshire College to meet my wife for lunch--beautiful spring-like day.  Car read 54* in Greenfield, 48.8/28 here at the Pit.  Drippity drip drip drip.

Well...it is spring. At least meteorologicaly. 

It is still a flash freeze, but its just less potential qpf as snow/sleet....you prob get like 2 or 3 inches this run. Hope the Euro is just a tad too amped if you want more snow.

At this point that is all I am "looking forward" to... the flash freeze. Not that I will enjoy the actual sensible part of that, just the meteorlogical part.  1" of solid ice everywhere will make it a fun time for many

Wow the EURO continues the shellacking. Big, big storm incoming.

Yeah you guys and Jay will probably do the "best" I think across most of New England. Snow may wind up being somewhat cement-like south of you. You guys are in a real good spot for an epic end of the wake. 

Yeah you guys and Jay will probably do the "best" I think across most of New England. Snow may wind up being somewhat cement-like south of you. You guys are in a real good spot for an epic end of the wake. 

Sorry about posting the maps...I've seen both posted in here before so I didn't think it was a problem...guess I was wrong lol. Which one was the problem?

Deserve snow? Come on dude. Nobody deserves any particular type of weather. I guess we deserve a big hurricane then. You're on vacation. Instead of tracking a storm from home why not go up and ski and get out in it.

I disagree.  I deserve snow.

Wow the EURO continues the shellacking. Big, big storm incoming.

Fun times incoming, Dude.  Rock on.

Sugarloaf and Saddleback would be my guess for winners.

They will probably all be pretty similar...the Maine mountains get a longer duration CCB on the backend...but of course the N VT mountains will make up for that with some upslope assistance with leftover moisture as the storm departs...even if it is not a "classic upslope event" in itself.

They will probably all be pretty similar...the Maine mountains get a longer duration CCB on the backend...but of course the N VT mountains will make up for that with some upslope assistance with leftover moisture as the storm departs...even if it is not a "classic upslope event" in itself.

And I would think the VT folks would get drier snow??

Sugarloaf and Saddleback would be my guess for winners.

Not Maine?

Maine mountains probably get more... I was just referring to the snow consistency as a whole. I'd rather a bit less snow that's 15:1 fluffy snow as opposed to stuff closer to 10:1. 

What? I'm talking about for where it matters in NH and north. Nam GFS gave ct 1-4.. Euro nothing. At this point it's not even looking good except for far N VT and Maine

You don't expect much in the White Mountains of NH?

You'd be surprised how much elevation plays a role and CAD up there in the mountains. I think it was back in mid December we got about 11" in Thornton and the lower elevations of central and even northern VT had mostly rain. 

Despite what the Euro is showing (and I haven't see the latest run yet), I think the whites north of Plymouth will do fine with 12-18"

I'd snow chase if I didn't have responsibilities...lol.

Yeah, You have family obligations, I have an extra sled you could ride if you want to see some epic snow pack in the NW country, Just don't step off the trail or we will have to send down a rope to pull you back up...........lol

Archived