• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I was wondering if ZR could be an issue for a couple of hours with the cold wanting to ooze south, but it looks like sleet rules as even up to 950mb plummets. Impressive how the cold just presses south and rushes in rather quickly into nrn and NE MA after 4-5z.

Yeah the cold dumps in very fast once it gets going, so any ZR I think would be pretty brief.

It is going to be interesting to watch the lower levels...because if the sfc and 950 lows get sort of squahsed south of SNE, then I could see a scenario where there's several hours of heavy pellets up in N MA versus 35F heavy rain...that lower 3000 feet could really chill off faster in that type of scenario even if 850-750mb is still torching.

Powderfreak how confident are you in upslope thursday, wouldn't you generally want the LP closer to FVE not se of there.

I recall last may there was a BIG late season storm and everyone was gettin excited about upslope in NVT but it never really panned out and the Low took too much of a progressive track and winds were North not NW. What are your thoughts on upslope on the spine thursday

Yeah the cold dumps in very fast once it gets going, so any ZR I think would be pretty brief.

It is going to be interesting to watch the lower levels...because if the sfc and 950 lows get sort of squahsed south of SNE, then I could see a scenario where there's several hours of heavy pellets up in N MA versus 35F heavy rain...that lower 3000 feet could really chill off faster in that type of scenario even if 850-750mb is still torching.

The magnitude of low level cold air is pretty impressive. We're talking -15 C around 1500-2000 feet in southern NH by early Thursday.

Yeah I definitely could see that. The cold just pushes south and squashes/ tilts the low with height before it rapidly deepens.

Powderfreak how confident are you in upslope thursday, wouldn't you generally want the LP closer to FVE not se of there.

I recall last may there was a BIG late season storm and everyone was gettin excited about upslope in NVT but it never really panned out and the Low took too much of a progressive track and winds were North not NW. What are your thoughts on upslope on the spine thursday

That was the Memorial Day weekend snowstorm haha...but yeah it looks like it'll get some decent snow, but also looks like the Champlain Valley convergence with northerly winds. The winds do go NW, but you are right it's not classic, but there's residual moisture and CAA with upper level low overhead. That should produce snowfall on its own for the mountains but maybe not prolific amounts. I'll look closer later tonight at the profiles.

I think taint will have trouble getting past IZG...so those ski areas north of there are probably safe. Even if they did taint, it would be really brief most likely.

The more uncertain corridor looks to be from Laconia over to a bit south of Killington

So. Pumped. LSC is a great spot for this. Terrain influences minimal IMO with 850-925 flow backing northerly by 00z Thu. Awesome.

Will rival 3/7/11 and 2/14/07 for some valley locales.

Yeah I do think this looks good for even the typical downslope spots for the reason you mention. 

Archived