• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps. Further north you are, the better.

The boundary layer really dries out fast as those NW winds crank. I think it will be hard to get more than an inch here in CT but if we get more rain than expected I could see a flash freeze develop... that is some really impressive CAA.

The boundary layer really dries out fast as those NW winds crank. I think it will be hard to get more than an inch here in CT but if we get more rain than expected I could see a flash freeze develop... that is some really impressive CAA.

I bet if a formal study were ever succeeded that compared "backlash" QPF scenarios with verification, there would be a positive bias in amts.  Particularly in NE .. or anywhere else, where the backing wind requires a down slope flow as another mitigation. 

Yeah...right about an isothermal 0C from H75-H8. We play with fire and probably mix at times around that 39hr mark. Hopefully the Euro isn't a toaster bath like last night.

Thanks guys on the great analysis of the storm.  Looks at this point the   all snow line will be right around me or maybe 20 miles to my north.  Will be home all day tomorrow for obs. Curious what the Euro will show

Will etc roughly speaking if I were looking to day trip or chase where would you head? Skiing related. Loon? Sunday River? Seems like the Loon area over into south central VT seems to bein a really good zone. Onset time? Safe travel Wednesday?

Wildcat but beware wind holds everywhere .Best spot for windy stormy day, Bretton Woods

Will etc roughly speaking if I were looking to day trip or chase where would you head?  Skiing related.  Loon?  Sunday River?  Seems like the Loon area over into south central VT seems to bein a really good zone.   Onset time?  Safe travel Wednesday?

That Killington-Loon-Sunday River corridor looks great. Any south of that I might worry about mixing. Even Killington-Loon could briefly mix...but I doubt its a big deal if they do. Further north would be even safer, but obviously the drive time is longer.

Loon can get shadowed. SR, Cranmore etc over to Stowe or Cannon.

Loon will clean up when the winds go more N/NNW...but yeah on easterly flow initially, they can be shadowed by presidentials. Sunday River and Killington won't have that issue.

is there any concern for a breif period of freezing rain / sleet in northern ma / southern nh? it seems like temps at the surface crash quickly between 3z and 6z wed night while it takes until 6z to 7z for the collumn to substantially cool enough for snow .. 12z GFS seems to show this possibility

you suck, lol enjoy the 4 day epic adventure, what town you staying in?

Waitsfield.  Snorkel in tow.

Agree that wind hold may be likely on Thursday, could last all day.  Double chair at MRG is fairly resilient but it's going to be really cranking. It's not the worst thing in the world if the single is untouched for Friday.

Loon will clean up when the winds go more N/NNW...but yeah on easterly flow initially, they can be shadowed by presidentials. Sunday River and Killington won't have that issue.

They can get nasty shadowing sometimes if it's screaming E, but SE may be better for them. If he can go to SR he should, but that's a long drive. Maybe Killington is better if you don't want that drive. I mean you can't lose in that corridor you mentioned earlier. With winds aloft more SE, Loon might be a good spot now that I look at it.

is there any concern for a breif period of freezing rain / sleet in northern ma / southern nh? it seems like temps at the surface crash quickly between 3z and 6z wed night while it takes until 6z to 7z for the collumn to substantially cool enough for snow .. 12z GFS seems to show this possibility

It will prob sleet for a bit before flipping to snow at the end. And yeah, brief ZR could occur too, though it shouldnt last long enough to create any major issues....the biggest problem will be flash freezing between about 06z and 12z Thu.

They can get nasty shadowing sometimes if it's screaming E, but SE may be better for them. If he can go to SR he should, but that's a long drive. Maybe Killington is better if you don't want that drive. I mean you can't lose in that corridor you mentioned earlier. With winds aloft more SE, Loon might be a good spot now that I look at it.

The John Deere has limited range though.

Yesterday I was wondering if ZR could be an issue for a couple of hours with the cold wanting to ooze south, but it looks like sleet rules as even up to 950mb plummets. Impressive how the cold just presses south and rushes in rather quickly into nrn and NE MA after 4-5z.

Archived