• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

I guess some can't deal with the facts that there getting rain and others are getting snow

I'm not sure what's worse......rain or cirrus.  I guess it depends on whether you're trying to preserve a pack.  The stale stuff we have here is not worth preserving.  At least we'll get a couple inches to mask the devastation that's ensuing between today's warmth and the upcoming monsoon.

49.6/28

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is close to a mess for Brian. It gets a warm punch in above 950 it appears while the surface is below 32, but 20-30 miles north is all snow. This is for about 4-6 hrs or so. I haven't had time to dig too deeply, but the 850-700 critical thickness line is literally 20 miles north of the 0C isotherm at 850. So the sleet/snow line is not too far off from your 850mb 0C isotherm perhaps. Somehow I feel like those CAD spots may be a tad cooler than that at 850.

I'm not sure what's worse......rain or cirrus.  I guess it depends on whether you're trying to preserve a pack.  The stale stuff we have here is not worth preserving.  At least we'll get a couple inches to mask the devastation that's ensuing between today's warmth and the upcoming monsoon.

49.6/28

I would side with the cirrus, But i do have pack i am trying to preserve............... :)

Euro is close to a mess for Brian. It gets a warm punch in above 950 it appears while the surface is below 32, but 20-30 miles north is all snow. This is for about 4-6 hrs or so. I haven't had time to dig too deeply, but the 850-700 critical thickness line is literally 20 miles north of the 0C isotherm at 850. So the sleet/snow line is not too far off from your 850mb 0C isotherm perhaps. Somehow I feel like those CAD spots may be a tad cooler than that at 850.

I think i am in the same boat here

49.6/28

I would not mind seeing the roads get clean at this point.   My snowpack, while fairly deep, is a solid slab of concrete not really fun for much other than to look at.  Wachusett will be in fine shape for a few more weeks

For CAD prone areas around him, would freezing rain be a concern?

Is there a limit to how far NW the mid-level warmth can push in this set up?

Any further and PF will be the only one posting in the obs thread tomorrow night. lol

The PV to the north and the progressive flow will put a limit on it...I'd be surprised if it went any further NW, though maybe that is a relative term...this system ceases to surprise now...its been torture on the NWP guidance.

Thanks for the update, Coastal.  I am 20 miles NNW of Brian.  Will be interesting to watch my webcam and weather station tomorrow and his.  

Upgraded to a warning here too. I'm on the edge of the 8"-10" and 10"-14" contours. Must say that I'm pleasantly surprised.

Same here (Thornton) although I've been in the 14-18 on nearly every map. This one actually has 18-24 less than 5 miles away.

Not sure what Kev was talking about this not looking good for NH. Most of the state is above a foot.

Archived