• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well looks like the line will setup in the 25-30 mile zone between Brian, myself and WeatherMA. I moved my cam so you will be able to see my deck. Each wire is about 4 3/4". I'll keep my weather station on tomorrow and will not be leaving the house. Picture right now...

Dude you have a gorgeous setup.

Well looks like the line will setup in the 25-30 mile zone between Brian, myself and WeatherMA.  I moved my cam so you will be able to see my deck.  Each wire is about 4 3/4".  I'll keep my weather station on tomorrow and will not be leaving the house.  Picture right now...

Are you on the west side of those mtns that are right in front of you, when you get to exit 23?

Mets, and especially Tip, do you foresee a 1-2 foot plus MECS / HECS, for NYC, LI and SNE especially for next Wed/Thurs.  Based on the MJO, water temps and SOI, looks like mid winter to hold thru 4/10.  This looks like a serious 10 departure negative pattern for quite a long time into the extended.  Looks to struggle above freezing for the next 4-5 weeks in most of SNE except the coast which will average 35 degree highs through early April.  For the summer blend 2009, 1992 and 2000 and you will figure it out.  I bet these years will teleconnect quite well when looked at much deeper too... Might not be such a bad forecast for a very cool summer.  I am definitely in that camp with plenty of support and the emerging NINO is a win column right away for this.  Won't be concerned about any heatwaves and heat stress from PHL, NYC and north and east of there.  I think only DCA south and west have a shot at some northern fringe big heat from any domes well south and west.  About that 80 thing after 3/20, was that a joke, cause nothing would even support warmth in SNE.  Based on the weeklies and overall pattern, maybe SE Virginia.  In SNE getting to 45 will be a struggle for several weeks.

Agree.

Dude you have a gorgeous setup.

Thanks Ginxy, a restored 225 year old farmhouse on 15 acres and a pond.  I am 700 feet above the countryside.  I have a 45 mile view to the SW.  I am surprised I CAD so well with having a SW exposure but there is a valley just to my NE which comes down from the Pemi and Plymouth which supplies my cold air with a NE flow.  Maybe a screaming ENE wind at the lowest layers tomorrow will eck me out with big parachutes mixed with ice pellets.  We will see how it plays out.  Brian, are you working tomorrow down in Concord?

Well looks like the line will setup in the 25-30 mile zone between Brian, myself and WeatherMA.  I moved my cam so you will be able to see my deck.  Each wire is about 4 3/4".  I'll keep my weather station on tomorrow and will not be leaving the house.  Picture right now...

Can you provide a link to your website?

(I won't be up north 'till Friday afternoon, but I usually do pretty similar to you.)

Thanks Ginxy, a restored 225 year old farmhouse on 15 acres and a pond.  I am 700 feet above the countryside.  I have a 45 mile view to the SW.  I am surprised I CAD so well with having a SW exposure but there is a valley just to my NE which comes down from the Pemi and Plymouth which supplies my cold air with a NE flow.  Maybe a screaming ENE wind at the lowest layers tomorrow will eck me out with big parachutes mixed with ice pellets.  We will see how it plays out.  Brian, are you working tomorrow down in Concord?

Yeah I'll be in CON.

Are you on the west side of those mtns that are right in front of you, when you get to exit 23?

Yes Coastal I am!. As you approach Exit 23 from the south you will see a mountain range with a cell tower.  The range height is 1900 feet.  I am on the west side of that range about 2 miles north of the cell tower facing SW and overlooking Newfound Lake.  That range is really the first fairly high range west of Lake Winni.

The 15Z SREFs are quite robust on the wrap around back side snows in SNE  :bag:  :axe:

Just pointing out what the model shows, I think it'll be wrong.

SREFs are a joke....they have over 50% prob of ORH getting 8" of snow...all from the back end stuff.

I could see 3 or 4 inches happening if things go well, but its going to be a race to get the deeper cold in while the upper level trough axis is still west of us...this does occur, but the question is just how long we can keep some steady precip on the NNW winds.

You know it's a ski town when the bar your at has the Weather Channel on and a collective cheer goes up every time the storm total forecast map comes on, lol. Nothing better than the vibe in ski country before a snowstorm. Was missing this atmosphere all winter long.

My sister on West Mtn (Sugarloaf) totally echoes that.

Can you provide a link to your website?

(I won't be up north 'till Friday afternoon, but I usually do pretty similar to you.)

MarkO,  here is a link to my Davis station and webcam pic.  The Davis is linked to my old desktop which is not on most of the time so the weather info is only updated when it is running, which it will be throughout the storm.  Netcam has its own server so that's always on.

http://www.metrocast.net/~wxeye/

Archived