• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

Yes Coastal I am!. As you approach Exit 23 from the south you will see a mountain range with a cell tower.  The range height is 1900 feet.  I am on the west side of that range about 2 miles north of the cell tower facing SW and overlooking Newfound Lake.  That range is really the first fairly high range west of Lake Winni.

Ha, know it well. Nice.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the writing is on the wall. I have no faith in the NCEP suite right now. I need a quick TD, onside kick recovery, and then another quick TD in under 2 minutes and we know that never happens.

not since the pats beat the browns last season lol

I'm impressed by the fact that BOX is calling for 4-6 here (though the forecast is only showing snows through the night).  I'm more impressed by the winds.

Wednesday Night: Freezing rain...rain and sleet in the evening...then snow after midnight. Patchy fog in the evening. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Ice accumulation around a trace. Much colder with lows around 12. North winds 5 to 10 mph... Increasing to northwest 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Thursday: Snow likely. Much colder with highs around 15. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph...increasing to 50 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 70 percent.

GFS also has an unstable layer near 06z just as temps plummet. If that is right, I would not rule out a rumble of thunder as some flip to sleet. KORH at 6z Thursday has this. It does make sense as the s/w moves up in combo with that warm tongue that is about to get erased.

SREFs are a joke....they have over 50% prob of ORH getting 8" of snow...all from the back end stuff.

Wait you mean the average of my plumes of 27.54 inches won't verify??????  :lmao:  Range is 16.25 to 37.69.  If only.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20140311&RT=15&PRM=Total-SNO&SID=1V4&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=8&mLAT=44.252825770637045&mLON=-72.12239898071289&mTYP=roadmap

Boy, how soon the cooler air comes in could have a decent impact on totals in northern Mass.  I'd weenie out if I can be changing over by 8 or 9 p.m.  Not likely, but hope is what being a weenie's all about.

Yeah, the GFS seems to suggest my area being cold enough around 11PM-midnight or so...BOX thinks wait until after 3AM or so, which is what the Euro is pushing.

GFS also has an unstable layer near 06z just as temps plummet. If that is right, I would not rule out a rumble of thunder as some flip to sleet. KORH at 6z Thursday has this. It does make sense as the s/w moves up in combo with that warm tongue that is about to get erased.

I wondered about that earlier. Would it be more likely in NNE?

Yeah, the GFS seems to suggest my area being cold enough around 11PM-midnight or so...BOX thinks wait until after 3AM or so, which is what the Euro is pushing.

I'm having flashback to the New Year's-ish storm that was supposed to change to snow that ended up wire-to-wire rain here  (though we pulled off a foot in Bartlett).  That memory has me refusing to give into any weenie thoughts of an early transition.

Boy, how soon the cooler air comes in could have a decent impact on totals in northern Mass.  I'd weenie out if I can be changing over by 8 or 9 p.m.  Not likely, but hope is what being a weenie's all about.

Our area is volatile and definitely nowcast.  It could be 1-3" or 4-6" with a slight shift and that's a big difference on sensible impact to the public.

Archived