• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could it not be? it was dropping 12 plus over all of SNE just about. 

The end game is becoming clearer.

It's going to start as rain for just about everyone from CON south..It's just how soon can it flip to snow..25-50 miles south and it's very quick..Now it's just a 6 hour period on the backside and it's like 2-4 or 3-6..The way things are trending so far today..you'd have to think the Euro is going to be north

Backside snows rarely work out.   And this may go so far north, CT gets little QPF.   Models keep dropping QPF and shifting further north

I'd wait for the real guidance to come out before getting overly worried...but this definitely does not have a good look for SNE unless that vort-lobe comes further SE.

Funny how it completely obliterated last storm....now, when we actually need it for just a modest push, its got less punch than Kevin's BMI after running a marathon. I guess that is the way it goes sometimes.

Aside of a brief burst of delusion last night as I hadn't looked at anything ...euro and ggem idea will be more right than anything from ncrap.

Aside of a brief burst of delusion last night as I hadn't looked at anything ...euro and ggem idea will be more right than anything from ncrap.

Yep, and I actually won't be surprised if the Euro comes in more amped today either.

I've had a feeling on NNE for this one from the get-go. SNE may still get some snow, but if we do, I think it will only be scraps on the front and back end. The flash freeze could be pretty high impact though even if its only accompanied by an inch or two of snow.

Powderfreak over to Sunday River and company are looking very favorable for a big snow hit on this one.

What happened to the beast of an artic high? Cant keep it in place huh...?

Its bottled to the northwest with the PV lobe not coming far enough southeast....if the PV lobe was a bit further Se, then we'd feels that high's presence....but it doesn't reach us.

We'll feel it later in the storm when temps crash extremely cold...but obviously much of the precip will have fallen by then.

i will admit, if this turns out to be all rain here, that will be aggravating to myself and im sure many others. we have been unseasonably cold recently, and may come up with nothing to show for it. Cold with no snow this time of year gets old

the pv has shunted the last 3 storms south, and now it cant keep it far enough south that rain isnt blasting through SNE

I dont like this set up at all. I think this may be a mainly rain event if not all rain from the mass/nh border south, especially south of the pike.

i dont put any stock in back-end snows. they seem to never work out. 

Well this storm hasn't looked great here for a little while, so I wouldn't get worked up Taunton blizz.  

yeah, the writing has pretty much been on the wall here for days now aside from the glimmer of hope yesterday. Its more just general annoyance that this will be the outcome of the pattern we have been in thats been shunting storms south.

Archived