• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So would it go from 50 to below freezing quickly?

Its mor elike 38F to 28F within a couple hours or even into the lower 20s quickly...it eventually gets into the teens...the Euro track doesn't warm sector interior SNE so it never gets that warm.

isn't it already snowing N of the Pike at 48 hour on this run though --

Yeah briefly...but it quickly warms above 0C at 850 after that...but then it crashes back SE between 60-66 hours for a flash freeze brief S/S+ scenario.

NNE burial wow.

Looks very similar to what we saw at 12z yesterday and 00z last night, except its more robust on the deformation/wrap around up here.  Looks to develop a nice axis from N.ME through southern Quebec into VT...that's got high ratio and maybe even upslope enhancement as we finally get a stacked low in a pretty decent location with plenty of moisture left.

That was what we wanted to see. 

Looks very similar to what we saw at 12z yesterday and 00z last night, except its more robust on the deformation/wrap around up here.  Looks to develop a nice axis from N.ME through southern Quebec into VT...that's got high ratio and maybe even upslope enhancement as we finally get a stacked low in a pretty decent location with plenty of moisture left.

That was what we wanted to see. 

Yeah that's a perfect track for us. And I mean PERFECT. Deform may even be to our NNW for a time. We are in on a serious WAA thump as well.

I feel like I'm in SNE preparing for a storm haha.

I'm hoping Mt Snow / Stratton area can cash in but looks like some taint for S VT.

That would still be good for them though...a bit of taint, but far better than something like the hideous GFS solution. Euro prob gives them 8-10...with taint in between the front and back ends.

Again ...folks, this is not etched in stone.

This run's wearisomely cooler than the 00z, and there's really a very, very small amount of wiggle room for SNE in this thing; impossible to ascertain variance(s) would completely change the landscape of impacts, particularly N of the CT/RI borders with Mass. 

If for example, trickle in post fropa cold late tomorrow/night does turn out to have more momentum, that alters things in a situation that can't really tolerate alterations. 

Also, believe it or not ... the dynamics feeding into the L/W pulsation are not even injected into the flow yet. They are still entangle up in that Alaska vortex/sector... That doesn't get bumped into the flow until tomorrow, then it's that fast to engineer whatever ultimately takes place. Correctly sampling ..whatever dynamical momentum is forced down stream is going to be paramount for deterministic calls with this thing.  That has not happened yet.

Again ...folks, this is not etched in stone.

This run's wearisomely cooler than the 00z, and there's really a very, very small amount of wiggle room for SNE in this thing; impossible to ascertain variance(s) would completely change the landscape of impacts, particularly N of the CT/RI borders with Mass. 

If for example, trickle in post fropa cold late tomorrow/night does turn out to have more momentum, that alters things in a situation that can't really tolerate alterations. 

Also, believe it or not ... the dynamics feeding into the L/W pulsation are not even injected into the flow yet. They are still entangle up in that Alaska vortex/sector... That doesn't get bumped into the flow until tomorrow, than it's that fast to engineer whatever ultimately takes place.   

How is it colder if it's 20 miles north of 00z? What in the sam hell?

Archived