• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

That wasn't really a flash freeze. That was snow that melted after first hitting the pavement and then as more snow fell...it become snow covered. I remember that one well.

Well, I'll certainly give you (and ORH) benefit of the doubt, but I could swear I remember that the pileup was caused by temps quicly crashing and causing the roads to freeze up quickly. It doesn't matter at this point obviously. I could be wrong, but I usually remember crap like that pretty well.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for posting Dryslot, locked and loaded here lol :weenie:

neverending winter continues in the north country it seems

at my parents in Ottawa right now, looks like mid January arctic outside haha

headin back to Vermont tomorrow for the storm! :snowing:

Congrats man and enjoy it up there

No way BTV loses out to us, has that even happened in the last 50 years, ever? NYC beat ORH in 03-04, but I think that was the only time ever.

I have no idea honestly...I know Philly was ahead as of two weeks ago. Newark was ahead by a couple inches, but that sould end.

Think of it this way, PHL had what 7 winter storm warnings to BTV's 2 (now 3). But you are right, it probably won't happen...just an incredible winter down there though relative to normal. Even more incredible is it was pulled off without blocking or a -NAO!

Well, I'll certainly give you (and ORH) benefit of the doubt, but I could swear I remember that the pileup was caused by temps quicly crashing and causing the roads to freeze up quickly. It doesn't matter at this point obviously. I could be wrong, but I usually remember crap like that pretty well.

Temps were already below freezing. It was above freezing earlier at night, so what happened was that initially snow may have melted at first on contact, but then as it became TSSN...the snow piled up on the roads and there goes the commute.

Youll be tasting the same rain you were laughing at us for the other day

LOL...again I am fine with rain it was just a question.  It's unfortunate you get so depressed over weather...I can't imagine what you would be like if something that actually mattered in life happened...

I have no idea honestly...I know Philly was ahead as of two weeks ago. Newark was ahead by a couple inches, but that sould end.

Think of it this way, PHL had what 7 winter storm warnings to BTV's 2 (now 3). But you are right, it probably won't happen...just an incredible winter down there though relative to normal. Even more incredible is it was pulled off without blocking or a -NAO!

I never would have imagined we all would be over 50" and in some places over 60" with largely a positive or neutral NAO. We're not as dependent on it as places like DC, but it certainly helps. It really was a great run of luck on waves that amplified and drew in moisture at a good time as they zoomed off the coast, making for significant but not crippling storms here. Looks like our luck finally is running out and things are shifting up towards you as they should this time of year.

I remember In Worcester that was the case....quick snow hitting the pavement, melting and flash freezing. There were accidents all over the place on 290 and off ramps. They just completed the elevated section of 290 going through the city and it was an ice rink.

Archived