• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

For now and this week you are here..so let's keep that thought process like you weren't going up north

If this was summer, and a derecho was ripping through santaland, and you were heading up there in a week, and all you had at home were fluffy cu, how would that affect YOUR thought process? Would your posting style change? You can't seriously tell us that you wouldn't be posting like its affecting your backyard, even when its not....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the one hand I'm thinking of carrying the toaster into the shower tomorrow morning because golf season is so far away. On the other I've got a ski trip to Sugarloaf in two weeks.

Ekster might have just driven home, pulled into the garage, closed the door, and left the car running.

Climo would suggest we taint to real close to the WFO here. As far as our totals go, I would like to see a larger negative U wind anomaly for the really high (14+) amounts. Without that upslope assist and strong CCB, as soon as winds go westerly we downslope and precip shuts off.

On the one hand I'm thinking of carrying the toaster into the shower tomorrow morning because golf season is so far away. On the other I've got a ski trip to Sugarloaf in two weeks.

Ekster might have just driven home, pulled into the garage, closed the door, and left the car running.

Climo would suggest we taint to real close to the WFO here. As far as our totals go, I would like to see a larger negative U wind anomaly for the really high (14+) amounts. Without that upslope assist and strong CCB, as soon as winds go westerly we downslope and precip shuts off.

And don't forget the days of mud following the melt off. Maybe 4th of July?

You should figure courses will be open playable up there by the early part of May. 2 months really isn't that long

There would be several forecaster vacancies at GYX if that were the case.

Looking at the RH fields and temps aloft. There are some signs of a dry slot right as things warm up, so maybe we survive with FZDZ rather than a true mix. I would probably bring our snow amounts down, but without a real compelling reason to tonight I'll leave them be.

I branded it the backside boner, Because i have never picked up a shovel for my backside snows here........ :)

OT: I'm in the mid-Atlantic forum but follow closely here because I frequent Stowe/Jay Peak during ski season... Sun angle during the day erodes our March snow storms unless rates are heavy.... How much does that play a factor for accumulations in this storm/during March in general up in the north country?

Just for my own academia if anyone would be so kind... :)

This year's mud is going to be incredible.  The ground is frozen so deeply...if we warm quickly at some point (like go from cold to hot), and the ground thaws quickly, the mud is going to be swallowing pick-up trucks, much less small sedans.  Throw in a decent snowpack, and if that all melts in one big warm week or something in April, the ground will just be saturated while the earth thaws.

Going to be an ugly mud season on the whole...the type of stuff where once the snow melts you try to go for a hike and turn around because the mud is knee deep on the trails.

OT: I'm in the mid-Atlantic forum but follow closely here because I frequent Stowe/Jay Peak during ski season... Sun angle during the day erodes our March snow storms unless rates are heavy.... How much does that play a factor for accumulations in this storm/during March in general up in the north country?

Just for my own academia if anyone would be so kind... :)

Not even a concern...especially with the cloud depths progged and precip rates, no solar concerns with this.

I branded it the backside boner, Because i have never picked up a shovel for my backside snows here........ :)

Models love to forecast it, rarely happens. The only hope is really something like last February. You need a strong, well-organized band that pivots through the area. Otherwise it's curtains.

Late Wednesday we could easily be 3-5" too high in places because of that. But I'll ride the traditional jackpots of the Lakes Region through IZG into AUG/WVL.

Man this r-s line is marching north of how far I'd drive on a ski day trip.

Watch this cut nw another 100 miles at 0z , i dont think shes gonna trend s

Seriously thou i would watch for a trend NW next cpl runs before this is locked , maybe euro has it by now but not sold. 0z huge run for cne

Models love to forecast it, rarely happens. The only hope is really something like last February. You need a strong, well-organized band that pivots through the area. Otherwise it's curtains.

Late Wednesday we could easily be 3-5" too high in places because of that. But I'll ride the traditional jackpots of the Lakes Region through IZG into AUG/WVL.

I was thinking more in the 10-14" here and if things tic colder, Maybe the high end

I know you want it to melt for golf, but I'm a little envious. Nothing beats a late season PWAT bonanza.

Man this r-s line is marching north of how far I'd drive on a ski day trip.

Watch this cut nw another 100 miles at 0z , i dont think shes gonna trend s

Seriously thou i would watch for a trend NW next cpl runs before this is locked , maybe euro has it by now but not sold. 0z huge run for cne

Shawnee Peak.

I know you want it to melt for golf, but I'm a little envious. Nothing beats a late season PWAT bonanza.

Well i am in that same camp as chris for golf, But i have already accepted the fact with our course being clay based, Playing there for over 25yrs and knowing how conservative the owners are, The don't open until all the snow is gone and the frost is out of the ground, I don't see that happening until May this year

Not even a concern...especially with the cloud depths progged and precip rates, no solar concerns with this.

Short and sweet answer.. I like it.

Just booked three days (thurs-sun) up at the Riverside Inn in Stowe. I'm going to drive up from DC and leave 8pm Wednesday night and get in (hopefully) around 6am Thursday (just in time for coffee and first chair). It's a catch 22 for me because I hope it's absolutely dumping at 6am Thursday morning, but that means white knuckle driving for me the last 175 miles of my all-nighter!

Short and sweet answer.. I like it.

Just booked three days (thurs-sun) up at the Riverside Inn in Stowe. I'm going to drive up from DC and leave 8pm Wednesday night and get in (hopefully) around 6am Thursday (just in time for coffee and first chair). It's a catch 22 for me because I hope it's absolutely dumping at 6am Thursday morning, but that means white knuckle driving for me the last 175 miles of my all-nighter!

awesome, road trips into snow are the best.

Archived