• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 2-3 Disco, Part III

stormtracker

Okay then, so the UK, RGEM, GFS, and ECMWF all show around .75" of liquid precip while all snow.  That's 8-10" depending on your SLR of choice.  

Alrighty then -- I think we're done here.  Time to go over to the OBS thread and not worry about the NAM, especially if the SREF showers a better distribution of QPF. :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed in this thread today. I'm moving to nowcast/obs. Rap/hrrrr time

People should lighten up a bit. As we close everyone gets either excited or anxious. We could all take ourselves a little less seriously.. scrolling isn't that hard.

People should lighten up a bit. As we close everyone gets either excited or anxious. We could all take ourselves a little less seriously.. scrolling isn't that hard.

I'm pretty easy going so its not a big deal to me but we are on the doorstep of a high impact event. There are 100's of lurkers/readers. This thread is the spotlight of the board and it didn't go well. We usually do better with manners and disco and such.

I'm pretty easy going so its not a big deal to me but we are on the doorstep of a high impact event. There are 100's of lurkers/readers. This thread is the spotlight of the board and it didn't go well. We usually do better with manners and disco and such.

May I suggest that if someone makes a post you don't think is appropriate, message them privately to insult and demean them?

21z RAP continues where its previous runs left off - changeover to snow for DC around 3am.  

RAP ever since 14z has had the flip to snow right at or just before 3am... I think that's a pretty good indication that changeover to snow should be around then... RAP also has frozen precip from midnight on... dunno if that is sleet or freezing rain though

RAP ever since 14z has had the flip to snow right at or just before 3am... I think that's a pretty good indication that changeover to snow should be around then... RAP also has frozen precip from midnight on... dunno if that is sleet or freezing rain though

I think we're going to more rain-->sleet--> snow than rain-->fzra-->snow or rain-->fzra-->sleet-->snow based on the soundings I've seen.  Wxmeddler also said he was getting rapl in Millersville already. 

Yup, agreed.  Regarding precip type, I think its likely sleet.  The warm layer isn't 'deep' enough.  

that map is stupid. WTF have a 4-8 and 6-8 zone? And then there's a gap between the 8 and 10 min total zones? Get that clown off the air.

Good points. I agree with the 4-8" north of Baltimore, but I think the heaviest snow should be more towards DC. Also, it appears that the southern portion of this snow map was heavily influenced by the NAM.

Archived