wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 2-3 Disco, Part III

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hour to hour comparison of the 12z GFS and the 18z NAM - the NAM is further north than the GFS. However, the NAM has a very sharp northern cutoff, while the GFS spreads much further north (by 50-100 miles further north) with moderate snow. This is the big difference between the snowfall totals in northern MD. The NAM fringes northern MD, while the GFS fringes southern PA.

The GFS storm center track however is 25 miles or so south of the NAM. It also doesn't look like the 12z GFS was as well formed a storm as the NAM has. I'd lean with the NAM over the GFS, but I think the sharp cutoff on the north side of the NAM is not likely to be that sharp - none of the other models are showing it that sharp. If it's not as sharp, will be a good snow event for everyone!

6-7 is what I see... That's all I need, and is acceptable. I agree with Phin, it'll find a way to jog a little north.

I was hoping so, but with temps underperforming today, I don't think that's happening.

It's not often we have the PV positioned the way it is with a storm right underneath.... this is a different beast

Actually looks closer to 9" upon further check... C VA (CHO to EZF area) is the winner

15Z SREF held serve from 09Z as far as precip axis...as far as mean snowfall, it's a bigger hit along the main axis.  DCA/IAD held at 8" on the plumes for both runs.  As you said, max's are SHD => CJR at 12-14".

Archived