wigl5l6k
March 2-3 Disco, Part III

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current fronts map from HPC...

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/sfc/namfntsfcwbg.gif

The Low which will be our snow maker is sitting over SW Arkansas. Might be helpful to compare actual conditions to model initializations since we're so close to the event. Facts on the ground may dictate different outcomes than taking the models verbatim at this short time frame.

The Low which will be our snow maker is sitting over SW Arkansas. Might be helpful to compare actual conditions to model initializations since we're so close to the event. Facts on the ground may dictate different outcomes than taking the models verbatim at this short time frame.

So TerpWeather is not seeing things.  

What's the motion on that? It should be E or NE right?

Then how much DOES it show? You still didn't answer that from my previous post.

I'm no expert but it certainly shows more than 2-4".  It looks like ~0.4+" falls as snow for me but I'll defer to Matt to see what he says.

ETA:  This is for MBY...no offense, but I don't really care about Havre de Grace so if you were talking about there, I didn't look up there.

Then how much DOES it show? You still didn't answer that from my previous post.

nobody has time to coddle you...just sit back and read and enjoy whatever falls...hundreds of  people are fine just browsing, yet you have to post and constantly ask questions and offer NOTHING....your posts dont contribute anything....so why post?....

What is the NAM seeing that all of our weenie eyes do not? Just the push of cold is so fierce that its got everything continually shifting south? Hmmmmmm.

I forgot Cantore was going to DC. Now I get it.

Maybe not as much pushing and shifting but the cold dry air on a constant march southward during the morning/afternoon "eating up" the precip on the northern edge.  Might be a reason for the sharp gradient on the north side of the QPF.  Looking at 1000-500 mb average RH the NAM and Euro have similar >70% fields but the NAM's northern edge has a sharp gradient and a big area of <30% RH whereas the Euro isn't quite as dry.  Maybe it's overdone.  

The 18Z GFS will be very telling!  :lol:

Maybe not as much pushing and shifting but the cold dry air on a constant march southward during the morning/afternoon "eating up" the precip on the northern edge.  Might be a reason for the sharp gradient on the north side of the QPF.  Looking at 1000-500 mb average RH the NAM and Euro have similar >70% fields but the NAM's northern edge has a sharp gradient and a big area of <30% RH whereas the Euro isn't quite as dry.  Maybe it's overdone.  

The 18Z GFS will be very telling!  :lol:

I have this weird feeling that you see the model output on your NWS desktop PC like 15-30 minutes before the rest of us and want to toy with people.

Archived