Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 Event Obs

Kmlwx

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotcha, yeah...boundary layer has always sucked with this

low is starting to bomb so wouldn't be shocked if someone flipped over to s+ in that zone.. could even pivot a bit. though the low is also going like 1000 mph so time is limited.

Had winter weather advistory for on and off snow all day with up to 2 inches........Rain and 38, not a single flake.......like Ian said, nice to be back to our typical winter form.

fortunately we know these events usually screw us.  there may have been a little snow high mixed in at times as well. pretty good mid level look but getting a low to develop a comma head over you is tricky business especially when the sfc is horrid and the storm is flying. 

def still a bust for most n&w at least, if a minor one.

0.7" so far in Clarksburg. Temp has dropped 1.5F in the last hour to 29.9F. Trees are all frocked (sp?) again.

das:  you always have good temps there and you can't be more than a couple/few miles from me (I'm in the Milestone area right at 355 and 27).  I have been 35-36 all day.  Do you know what your elevation is?

das: you always have good temps there and you can't be more than a couple/few miles from me (I'm in the Milestone area right at 355 and 27). I have been 35-36 all day. Do you know what your elevation is?

I've noticed that your temps on often warmer than temps all around Rockville and definitely KGAI (34 right now). Maybe your thermometer runs a bit warm?

das:  you always have good temps there and you can't be more than a couple/few miles from me (I'm in the Milestone area right at 355 and 27).  I have been 35-36 all day.  Do you know what your elevation is?

I'm at 530ft but am in a bit of a ravine with a ridge at 610' 400m to my south and 630' 600m to my north.  I do really well on good radiational cooling nights as the coldest air drains down my little valley.  I am also on a NE facing slope so 1) there is significantly minimized sun impacts relative to any other orientation and 2) snow hangs on much longer so that helps to cool my boundary layer quite a bit.  Another thing I have noticed is there is a considerable difference between North Germantown and Clarksburg.  The dividing line seems to be at the turn on 355 right at Brink road.  Typically, on cold nights, there is a 4-6F difference between the intersection of 355 and Father Hurley and my place on Timber Creek Lane.  During precip events, is it usually something like 1-2F cooler.  In a CAA regime, there is very little difference though.

Temp is up a bit to 31.4F now that the snow is winding down.  Closest Weatherbug site is Clarksburg HS 900m to my south.  Take a look at it and then the Weatherbug HQ in N. Germantown every once in a while and you'll see what I mean.

Total for today is 0.8" with only passing flurries now.

Archived