joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 Event Obs

Kmlwx

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at 530ft but am in a bit of a ravine with a ridge at 610' 400m to my south and 630' 600m to my north.  I do really well on good radiational cooling nights as the coldest air drains down my little valley.  I am also on a NE facing slope so 1) there is significantly minimized sun impacts relative to any other orientation and 2) snow hangs on much longer so that helps to cool my boundary layer quite a bit.  Another thing I have noticed is there is a considerable difference between North Germantown and Clarksburg.  The dividing line seems to be at the turn on 355 right at Brink road.  Typically, on cold nights, there is a 4-6F difference between the intersection of 355 and Father Hurley and my place on Timber Creek Lane.  During precip events, is it usually something like 1-2F cooler.  In a CAA regime, there is very little difference though.

Temp is up a bit to 31.4F now that the snow is winding down.  Closest Weatherbug site is Clarksburg HS 900m to my south.  Take a look at it and then the Weatherbug HQ in N. Germantown every once in a while and you'll see what I mean.

Total for today is 0.8" with only passing flurries now.

Thanks for the info das!  These little microclimates are interesting.  It's amazing the difference just a few miles makes.  Sometimes Damascus will get much more snow and it's just about maybe 7 miles.  But hey I'm happy here compared to living in Calvert County where I grew up.  Talk about a frustrating place for a snow hound!

plenty of rain

between the torch yesterday and the dousing last night, snowpack's about shot to he!!

washingtonian spring is on track, just wait til next week

Hi, I'm in NYC where it is finally snowing at a moderate clip. I'll be doing an honorary jebwalk to Times Sq.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Someday I want to see a cape cod blizzard in person http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0107.html

Pick a weekend in June.

The biggest reason that I don't get peeved when SNE gets snow and we don't is because when the sun is setting at 7:30 in April here and I've been in the back hundred in short sleeves and prepping the garden, they are digging out of snow and looking forward to mud season. By then, I'm drinking Bohs and getting the skiff ready for crabbing.

Archived