• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler? part II

DDweatherman

I know, I was just pointing out the surface doesn't have to be at 32 or below for accumulating snow.

We also torched before the our hecs in 2010, but of course a whole different ball game. NAM early frames show tighter 2m temp gradients on the south and north sides of our system fwiw.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking nowhere within 35 miles will have surface temps 32 or cooler until the precip is nearly shut off.

I think you are going to bust pretty badly, with your broad stroke prediction. Favored areas should do fine with the rates, and the surface temp forecast is so marginal it could easily be one or two degrees cooler tomorrow, which would make a huge diff in some areas. And, the ground isn't that warm, even after the last few days of positive departures.

I don't expect accums on paved surfaces in our area, but could easily see 3-4 inches on grass and decks. Usual areas N and W could do much better with slight diffs in temps, rates, etc.

I think you are going to bust pretty badly, with your broad stroke prediction. Favored areas should do fine with the rates, and the surface temp forecast is so marginal it could easily be one or two degrees cooler tomorrow, which would make a huge diff in some areas. And, the ground isn't that warm, even after the last few days of positive departures.

I don't expect accums on paved surfaces in our area, but could easily see 3-4 inches on grass and decks. Usual areas N and W could do much better with slight diffs in temps, rates, etc.

I was just out cleaning up after my dog. The ground is frozen solid just an inch or two below the surface in the open sun, and there were spots where it was solid right at the surface. I think if it does snow, it will stick pretty easily if temps are close to freezing.

Archived