CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler? part II

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is but still has temps slightly above freezing at 18Z at around 800 mb according to the Plymouth text product at 18Z.  I sure wouldn't change a forecast based on it but am sure someone here will.  The surface at its coldest is about 33.6.

it now matches the euro and the canadian....if it's ripping ++, I wouldnt think a subtle warm nose would matter, esp since it would probably be gone by 13z...of course, I tend to agree with you that the models may all be too cold...so parsing them doesnt really matter...I still like the warm nose in the mid levels, than our usual 950mb temp of 7 degrees, but that is probably wishful/weenie  thinking...

At least I got a kind response lol

I thought I already amended it enough to indicate I was talking locally where is is pretty far off. I don't think you have all that much to worry about or at least more than previously.

Obviously I wasn't talking about you guys since you look way better than this area. No offense but I don't even look up there anymore unless someone asks.

Offense taken :). Why would you care about someone 60 miles from your backyard. I could care less about Harrisburg. I have no clue if they are expecting 6 flurries or 6' tomorrow.

Well Im still at 59 degrees in silver spring (and no sun obviously), so that map is about 6 degrees cool for me. May not mean much, but not encouraging obviously.

Like we always talk about here snow is all about IMBY, who cares what some dude 20 or 30 miles from you gets.

Offense taken :). Why would you care about someone 60 miles from your backyard. I could care less about Harrisburg. I have no clue if they are expecting 6 flurries or 6' tomorrow.

If you're in the direction weather comes from you matter but otherwise not so much. This one could be ugly as the usual gradient could be supercharged. I will not be too excited when you report 8" and I have some slush on my grass.

Archived