Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the expanded radar it appears that the mesoscale banding winners are central Delaware along with Atlantic and Cape May Counties in NJ.  They've been under 35 dbz's for almost the past 2 hours.  Bet they end up with 12+.  The NY subforum was thinking earlier that the meso bands would be closer to NYC or central NJ.

Hoping the back edge consolidates - it would leave us in steady snow for maybe another 3 hours...could be good for an extra inch.

It probably will, but it will keep pushing east as it does so. The snow doesn't look to really halt until it's east of you. You're in Hazleton, right? The best accums from here on look to be east of the Delaware River, since there are signs an inverted trough may develop out my way. That would probably focus the snow away from you guys.

It probably will, but it will keep pushing east as it does so. The snow doesn't look to really halt until it's east of you. You're in Hazleton, right? The best accums from here on look to be east of the Delaware River, since there are signs an inverted trough may develop out my way. That would probably focus the snow away from you guys.

Wilkes-Barre, but close enough.

Well,we got a moderate snowfall, so that's all fine and dandy. Just not quite to 6" it seemed.

To MAG: ECM have anything on Sunday/Monday?

Wilkes-Barre, but close enough.

Well,we got a moderate snowfall, so that's all fine and dandy. Just not quite to 6" it seemed.

To MAG: ECM have anything on Sunday/Monday?

Looked like about the same amount of precip/same type of temps that 12z had. I"ll have a better picture soon when I get the full Euro. Might be able to argue a brief period of rain changing to snow with this. UNV has a 6 hour frame of 0.22" with a 6z 850 temp of +5.1C and 12z temp -7.8C. Only couple tenths before that.. overall it doesn't seem to be a prolific precip maker for our region  and the warm up is fairly brief. Light snowfall showing up on text data toward the end of the week as well. 

Mag these temperature fluctuations have been crazy this season.

It would seem we got 3.5" out of this storm.

Voyager good to see you got a decent amount!

Also it looks like the southern people didn't do to bad.

Stay warm folks!!!

Edit: 8 degrees this morning

Edit: dropped to 6 degrees

Archived