Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hearing about 18 inches of ocean effect snow in MA BEFORE the main storm arrives.

Has anyone ever seen totals like that from ocean effect snows? Sounds incredible.

some of the totals there already are insane... though unfortunately TWC is claiming it to be Hercules instead of the ocean effect phenomenon...

I am over 2.5" and even when it looks like it should be light to nothing on radar it is still coming down decently... beautiful snow to watch fall in the lights outside... until the wind picks up and reminds you that you better wear your hat out next time... Temp here down to 23.5F and falling... pressure at the house is 29.42" or 996mb (though not sure how accurate that is-have not calibrated it yet)

I'm hearing about 18 inches of ocean effect snow in MA BEFORE the main storm arrives.

Has anyone ever seen totals like that from ocean effect snows? Sounds incredible.

Yeah, if there's a thread about it I check it out. I've seen a few instances of that. It's remarkable.

Snowing pretty hard here, 20.1, not sure how much snow, blowing around a bit. East winds increasing.

You probably wouldn't know it from the radar today, but the northern tier has quietly gotten into their forecasted snowfall range 

..MCKEAN COUNTY...
BRADFORD 5.0 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

...POTTER COUNTY...
BROOKLAND 8.0 442 PM 1/02 PUBLIC
SHINGLEHOUSE 5.0 1245 PM 1/02 SOCIAL MEDIA
COUDERSPORT 4.5 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
ULYSSES 4.0 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

...TIOGA COUNTY...
TIOGA 5.5 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
OSCEOLA 5.0 157 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
POTTER BROOK 5.0 201 PM 1/02 SOCIAL MEDIA
COWANESQUE DAM 4.5 213 PM 1/02 CO-OP OBSERVER
COVINGTON 4.0 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

...WARREN COUNTY...
LANDER 6.0 310 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
KINZUA DAM 5.0 238 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
CHANDLERS VALLEY 5.0 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
WARREN 4.0 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
RUSSELL 3.0 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
TIDIOUTE 3.0 130 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

probably 3" here in Ephrata.  Snowing steady light/mod intervals.  Hoping that we do get involved in some of the heavier bands that are supposed to hit SE Pa.  For once its nice to live here as I normally live vicariously though y'all.

Enjoy and good luck all. If this keeps up I may have enough to get the sleds out. 

Nut

Holy god. Harrisburg forecast via wunderground using nws data.

image.jpg

Just measured 2" here in Tamaqua. Light to occasionally moderate snow continues to fall. Since I got home at 6:00PM, the temp dropped from 22 to 20. As for that forecast, here's mine from the NWS page...

.MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. MUCH COLDER WITH LOWS 5 BELOW TO10 BELOW ZERO. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 25 BELOW. .TUESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. MUCH COLDER WITH HIGHS ZERO TO 5 ABOVEZERO. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 25 BELOW. .TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. COLD WITH LOWS AROUND ZERO. WINDCHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 20 BELOW. 

Archived