SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH NO

@abc27news BREAKING: Crews on the scene of a fatal accident on York Road in York Co. Dispatchers say a tractor trailer and a school van were involved.

It is sad, driver of the school van has died, i would like to add no students on board at the time of the crash.

Yea this really wasn't supposed to be an overly dynamic event around here with constant 1-2" per hour rates, but more of a moderate one that should be very persistent and linger a long while this evening as temps crash. We'll still get to our 3-4" eventually I'm sure.

Yeah, it will just take us 12+ hours to get it.  Snowing about as hard as it has all day in Bellefonte, ~1mi vis.  A fresh inch on the ground on top of the 0.5-1" that was already there.  Temp is 21°.

Yes. The radar seems to indicate that.

I don't know what people were expecting, but it seems to going along with what I was expecting. And this stuff is already blowing around. Can't wait for the winds.

I honestly didn't expect this early

my outdoor thermometer is reading 26... what do you have?

Did anyone else notice this earlier? That was so strange. If it weren't for the cold air and lack of leaves on the trees, I thought it looked like a summer day.

I noticed this coming back home from DC last night on the home stretch up I-99 from the turnpike. Was looking for the ski resort lights on top of Blue Knob and could only make out an area that was somewhat lit up since the mountains were already clouded over. Then coming into Altoona I saw the haze in the big lights where the interchanges are and thought the snow was already starting. This was all the way back around midnight last night, the low levels were def ready to go pretty early in the game. Also was a sizeable thermal gradient below the mason dixon. Left Arlington and it was about 42F, I-70 was generally around 30-31F. Still around 30 at Bedford and by the time I got home it was 21. 

Archived