Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never expected much out of a setup like this here.  Latest RAP has State College right around 2" total for the storm.  You guys down around York/Lancaster should do much better... but for now lets all just enjoy the snow  :snowing:

Dunno...looking at radar and out my window and not sure why I am supposed to be freaking out.

Dunno...looking at radar and out my window and not sure why I am supposed to be freaking out.

Yea this really wasn't supposed to be an overly dynamic event around here with constant 1-2" per hour rates, but more of a moderate one that should be very persistent and linger a long while this evening as temps crash. We'll still get to our 3-4" eventually I'm sure.

Yea this really wasn't supposed to be an overly dynamic event around here with constant 1-2" per hour rates, but more of a moderate one that should be very persistent and linger a long while this evening as temps crash. We'll still get to our 3-4" eventually I'm sure.

Yes. The radar seems to indicate that.

I don't know what people were expecting, but it seems to going along with what I was expecting. And this stuff is already blowing around. Can't wait for the winds.

After 2 hours of moderate snow with extremely fine dendrites, the 20-25 dbz's have reached me and the flake size has increased nicely.  Still estimate moderate intensity.  Closing in on 1" of snowfall as the temp slowly declines, now down to 26 degrees. 

Like Jamie just said, there is already some blowing around of the snow (with my winds around 10mph).  That's probably going to make getting accurate depth measurements a tad difficult later on.

I don't understand why those up north are crying only 1" from the storm.  The heaviest isn't supposed to hit us for another 2 to 3 hours.

Archived