• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

developing coastal now showing signs of pressure falling over 1mb/hr now... latest water vapor imagery now showing a tongue of drier air trying to push north into central PA where the radar isn't showing much of anything at the moment

3.5" at 8:30PM in Enola with temp near 23 in heavier snowfall and 24 when lighter

Yeah, that's getting too close for comfort.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

developing coastal now showing signs of pressure falling over 1mb/hr now... latest water vapor imagery now showing a tongue of drier air trying to push north into central PA where the radar isn't showing much of anything at the moment

3.5" at 8:30PM in Enola with temp near 23 in heavier snowfall and 24 when lighter

It now finally looks like that dry slot is making progress to the east on MDT doorstep

Yeah, that's getting too close for comfort.

Believe me, I'm keeping my eye on it as well. The radar blow-up seems to be turnpike north out in true central. With the east-northeast movement of the precipitation shield, I think that's going to scoot to my northwest up into New York state.

Yeah, sporadic.

Yep.

Wonder how much they are getting up there Clinton/Potter/Tioga? Would love to see some totals.

The Public Information Statement had 4-8" totals up there as of earlier this afternoon.  I would imagine some places in Potter and Tioga counties crack 10".

Nothing too impressive WRT wind here yet, but enough to blow this powder around nicely.  Down to 16°.

Even if it ends now I have 5".  I thought 3-6. Which Its what is expected. guys north and east of here will have more. Its not any less then anyone but the hype sites predicted.

My thoughts back on Monday evening were for 4-8 in my local area. Currently sitting at about 3" at the moment (I'll measure in a little bit before I go to bed) so if it snows steady for a few more hours, I'll at least get into the low end of my range.

Yeah, sporadic.

Yep.

Wonder how much they are getting up there Clinton/Potter/Tioga? Would love to see some totals.

check out the cams.  http://pagrandcanyonsnowmobileclub.com/cgi-bin/memberspage.cgi?what=sno

I can tell you for sure that my place got 4" on Sunday and had a base left in spots prior.  the cams are not a true representation as my snowmobile forums are saying that they got 3-5" during the day today and it is still snowing.  Many reports of 8-12" on the ground in Potter and Tioga.

Nut

Archived