Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the pivot started about a half hour ago.  watch the orientation of the radar and youll see it almost go from SW to S and slight backfilling to me as well.  I hope it does backfill as I am JUST to the east of the line at 10pm.  Regardless, this has met most Central Pa forecasts, so no complaints to me.  About 5" here in Ephrata as well.as of 10:15.

Enjoy 

Nut

Somewhere between 3.25"-4" I think, no way to measure really. CTP nailed it, though I wish I was LNS tonight.

Edit: woah that hole to the north filled coming due south and might make the city, going to be close.

I like the bump that's kicking out from eastern lancaster county towards hbg. Hope it reaches you.

Almost impossible to estimate now, but if I had to choose a number, I'd say we're near 2". Drifts are everywhere now, which is pretty new for me. Snow still coming down at a reasonable clip, with a lot of smallish dendrites.

I think I got a pretty accurate measurement of around 2.5" here in Bellefonte.  A very fine light snow still coming down steadily.  Wind is picking up a bit and it is down to 13°.  A very wintry evening.

I think I got a pretty accurate measurement of around 2.5" here in Bellefonte.  A very fine light snow still coming down steadily.  Wind is picking up a bit and it is down to 13°.  A very wintry evening.

Makes sense. I think you've generally been running about a half inch ahead of what I've seen today. So I'll stick with my 2"... probably end up with 2 1/4" or so by the end here in State College. A little less than what I expected (3-4 inches), but still looks awesome and I love how cold/windy/snowy it is out there.

Official Carlisle measurement at midnight is 3.2".  I might end up with a little bit more as the intensity has suddenly picked back up again to accumulating.  Latest radar shows an interesting band to my north developing that looks almost like it wants to drop southward into the eastern 1/2 of Cumberland County.  Winds are now creating almost horizontal snow with larger flakes back again...Northerly at 15mph gusting to 20 which is the highest gust for this storm thus far.

Temp now down to 21.7 degrees and beginning to drop a bit quicker now.  oops...winds just gusted to 24 mph.  I can hear the wind outside now.  Lookout in the morning with blowing snow and 10 degrees!

(Edit...)

Wow---bonus snow returns.  The western fringe of the 20 dbz echoes has just reached me and it is snowing heavily again with tremendous blowing snow.  Echoes are filling back in to my west, so it looks like I will get additional accumulations.  I'm rooting for at least 3.6" which would beat out the 3.5" from back on 12/14.  Temp down to 21.1F.

11.4 here at the moment, light snow. Another band has formed on the Centre/Clearfield County line, lol.

The vort and trough coming through is producing for you guys, better than I thought it would. I would guess you guys have 3-5" around UNV? It could have good implications for further east.

Archived