joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that would have to be one heck of an OES band to get thundersnow. When it happens in the LES areas that's like 6+ per hour and 40dbz.

I don't think that's true. A thermal gradient of an ocean in the low 40s with onshore temps of 10 could do the job. And I've been in les thunder with 1-2/hour rates.

Ray, where exactly are you?  I'm basically at the intersection of 93/495, off of 133 near Andover CC.  I'm guessing a bit NE of you, but was just curious as I generally use your posts as a gauge on what to expect here.  I've been lurking for years, and post only on occasion in obs threads.  Used to have a different profile when I was living in North Wilmington, but have since moved, although don't think enough to affect my weather. 

Anyway, happy New Year to you all.  Keep up the good work for those of us that like to read your thoughts on these storms.  And for the snow lovers, good luck over the next couple of days.  I think the folks that are bullish on this one will be rewarded.

I am squarely in the middle of routes 495 (north), 93 (east), 128 (south) and route 3 (west).

I'm at the western tip of Wilmington, right at the Billerica and Tewksbury lines, respectively.

We're going to do very well from round 1 tmw....like 6" imo, but round 2 is going leave us I a subsidence shaft imho....probably only another 2-4" on top of the first 6".

I am squarely in the middle of routes 495 (north), 93 (east), 128 (south) and route 3 (west).

I'm at the western tip of Wilmington, right at the Billerica and Tewksbury lines, respectively.

We're going to do very well from round 1 tmw....like 6" imo, but round 2 is going leave us I a subsidence shaft imho....probably only another 2-4" on top of the first 6".

Yup, that makes sense.  Puts me just northeast of you.  I have no ability to forecast weather, but for the sake of throwing something out there, I think 9-12, 8-12 is a fine call for our area.

Archived