joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a bad run, but I think some in the interior need to keep their expectations in check. Looks good 25-50mi either side of the MA/NH-Vt border with the WAA and then far SNE and E MA start playing catch-up with E MA/Cape eventually taking the lead. No surprises really.

NYC weenies may have some unpleasant surprises if this run is even close.

Still not beyond the realm of possibilities that a lot of others fall victim to a similar fate, either.  

If there were ever a candidate storm to hold one's optimism in check pending now-cast results ... .this is IT

Ray, where exactly are you?  I'm basically at the intersection of 93/495, off of 133 near Andover CC.  I'm guessing a bit NE of you, but was just curious as I generally use your posts as a gauge on what to expect here.  I've been lurking for years, and post only on occasion in obs threads.  Used to have a different profile when I was living in North Wilmington, but have since moved, although don't think enough to affect my weather. 

Anyway, happy New Year to you all.  Keep up the good work for those of us that like to read your thoughts on these storms.  And for the snow lovers, good luck over the next couple of days.  I think the folks that are bullish on this one will be rewarded.

It's not a bad run, but I think some in the interior need to keep their expectations in check. Looks good 25-50mi either side of the MA/NH-Vt border with the WAA and then far SNE and E MA start playing catch-up with E MA/Cape eventually taking the lead. No surprises really.

E MA looks really good early in the game for OES to go with the WAA too...I won't be surprised to see areas near BOS have pretty good totals by noontime tomorrow.

Chicopee and Springfield schools have closed tomorrow and Friday.

I'd lol but after this week's reminder about how "interesting" a lot of folks down south drive in the snow, it's no wonder schools close for fluffy few inches tomorrow.

15,000 out-of-staters in town this week and judging by the sh*tshow that even one inch of snow causes these folks, you'd think no one has ever seen or driven in the snow before.

BOX 4:39p re: Blizzard Warning... still plenty of time to pull the trigger if necessary by Thursday AM (and I'm guessing OKX went ahead with less lead time...? though as I posted above, not sure they'll verify):

We thought a lot about issuing blizzard watches and warnings. At
this time we think that the full criteria for a blizzard will not
be met...but it is very close. As such will upgrade the Winter
Storm Watch to winter storm warnings and continue to mention
near-blizzard conditions at times. The greatest threat will be
along the immediate East Coast of Massachusetts...as well as the coastal
plain of southeast Massachusetts. Later shifts can reevaluate as we get
closer to this event. 

Archived