Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those damn early release model runs again...lol

At least someone has a sense of humor ...

You see, the secret to roughing Kevin's feathers and getting his dome beady with sweat droplets, is you wait until about 9 minutes and 34 seconds prior to the actual public access time to make a post like that.   The awesome deviance of that being that iT suspend disbelief, because some Mets have private access..etc,  ... and it drills right into the darker recesses of his and his type's fears -- so gotta figure it's real, right?  

Muah hahahaha.  

Actually, I knew there was about a 99% chance that the NAM would NOT whiff actually, which is why it was so awesome to get Kevin all emotionally riled up.

At least someone has a sense of humor ...

You see, the secret to roughing Kevin's feathers and getting his dome beady with sweat droplets, is you wait until about 9 minutes and 34 seconds prior to the actual public access time to make a post like that.   The awesome deviance of that being that is suspend disbelief ... and drills right into the darker recesses of his and his type's fears -- so they gotta figure it's real, right?  

Muah hahahaha.  

Actually, I knew there was about a 99% chance that the NAM would NOT whiff actually, which is way it was so awesome to get Kevin all emotionally riled up.

You are going to lose it..totally and completly when the pack is wiped out on Monday. You always do

Do you disagree with its output, and why??

Yes. Because it is not a very reliable piece of guidance. It tends to overstate mesoscale effects of terrain and sometimes has little convective blobs. Its ok to look at it...and it might at least give a general sense of screwzones or jackpots...but you have to tone it down quite a bit.

These rpm runs are highly entertaining and many ocm mets will use these for their forecasts tonight

I don't think it wise to hug any particular model, nor discount any.

Pick your spots. Sometimes they're wrong, sometimes they're right.

Did I think that I was really going to see the 50" of snow that that the RPM forecasted before the blizzard?

No

I do buy what it is selling in this particular instance, though; there is precedence for an FU-zone of subsidence just to the west of the area of cf enhancement in these very cold systems that have oes present.

Yes. Because it is not a very reliable piece of guidance. It tends to overstate mesoscale effects of terrain and sometimes has little convective blobs. Its ok to look at it...and it might at least give a general sense of screwzones or jackpots...but you have to tone it down quite a bit.

Tone it down, which I have.

I do not expect to see the 6" that it implies, but I do expect to see anywhere from 8-12".....12" likely reserved for those just se of this area.

You are going to lose it..totally and completly when the pack is wiped out on Monday. You always do

That could be an interesting flood threat...  I am not sure what the exact QPF numbers are, but the ground is undoubtedly going to be frozen solid and unavailable to moisture absorption.  Should it really balm to the mid or upper 50s with DP, and we get a heavy line of slow moving showers paralleling the boundary sort of deal, than you got big melt-off and rain combined right into quick response water ways.  

There's always something to monitor...  relax.

I agree that 6" is too low, but 8" is entirely within the realm of possibility.

I have a question for the doubters:

How much do you think I received in PD II and Dec 2003??

How about the October 2011 event?

Everyone thought I was overplaying the subsidence in that, too.

I don't doubt it's real. Happens more often than not especially with the given set-up.  My thinking is more toward the N&W  re: Merrimack Valley for ~2-4" less than surrounding environs

I have +/- 14" MBY

Those that you question are extreme examples. I agree and no argument here but with the trend I think you maybe underplaying given the QPF and depth of the cold. 

I don't doubt it's real. Happens more often than not especially with the given set-up.  My thinking is more toward the N&W  re: Merrimack Valley for ~2-4" less than surrounding environs

I have +/- 14" MBY

Those that you question are extreme examples. I agree and no argument here but with the trend I think you maybe underplaying given the QPF and depth of the cold. 

I have +/- 14" MBY

Fair enough.

Archived