amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice hit for them.  Am I reading the colors wrong?  I'm surprised that it has so many areas less than .5"???

Noticed that too - that would be 4-8 or so even into the western BOS suburbs, half of what BOX has for us.

What model is this?

Edit:  BVT4...... I thought that was a Burlington VT TV station, not a model......

Nice hit for them. Am I reading the colors wrong? I'm surprised that it has so many areas less than .5"???

It's solution is more like the 12z NAM and 00z ECM...with a protracted light-moderate snow event with the exception of coastal MA where the easterly fetch over the coastal front causes heavy snows.

That model never scores well on qpf 's only useful for picking up local mesoscale features

Yeah well it's no better or worse than any variety of the meso-scale models. Probably more accurate than all the SREFS plumes that get posted lol. Just another solution, but it's benefit is sniffing out the enhanced areas. I wouldn't read much into actual values but more the larger picture.

Yeah well it's no better or worse than any variety of the meso-scale models. Probably more accurate than all the SREFS plumes that get posted lol. Just another solution, but it's benefit is sniffing out the enhanced areas. I wouldn't read much into actual values but more the larger picture.

Pickles loves that model. Swears by it lol

disinterested enough i am not looking. Having the euro come back in the fold....nam is irrelevant for another 12-18 hours

It's funny how we go through like 6-hours of NAM bashing and then folks still line up to wait for its solution. If we are going to hate so hard on it, might as well truly forget it, lol.

It's like folks type that they don't care what it shows but it sits there nagging in the back of their head until it shows what the collective is looking for haha.

Mr. Whoa is me you are not getting 6". Just being that cold with that amount of QPF and everyone's mama and brother going with a general foot. Don't see it. I could see CT getting the shaft with some slants 3" inflated just to keep up with the going to have's.  OES will pad 6+" IMO on he southshore of MA. Scoots looks GOLDEN.

In the real world it comes down to how this all meshes together.  

I agree that 6" is too low, but 8" is entirely within the realm of possibility.

I have a question for the doubters:

How much do you think I received in PD II and Dec 2003??

How about the October 2011 event?

Everyone thought I was overplaying the subsidence in that, too.

I agree that 6" is too low, but 8" is entirely within the realm of possibility.

I have a question for the doubters:

How much do you think I received in PD II and Dec 2003??

How about the October 2011 event?

Everyone thought I was overplaying the subsidence in that, too.

One of those was 12". 24" just across into Woburn though.

New RPM is showing exactly what ctrain (Ryan?) was discussing. Nothing but flurries for much of tomorrow for the CT River valley and Pioneer Valley. Ray's fears as well are represented

Absolute weenie run for here and south shore. A tiny speck of 8-10 within the Milton town limits haha. 2-4 up by Ray at the same time

Archived