joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Emerging signal for storminess Jan 6-8

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In looking at the radar, I'm wondering if I might see some flakes today after all.

I think it will end as snow for most of the interior at least...not sure if its enough to coat things up outside of the Berks/NW CT hills. I guess we'll found out soon enough.

Damn front seems to have slowed to a crawl, uggg. I weenie out far worse when I know there is a nice cold shot coming and I'm hoping to keep some wintry appeal around. Front seemed to move pretty steadily until it reached a line from about KASH to KORH to just east of KTOL and now its at a crawl.

Congrats...your obs were fascinating during this compared to other areas.

26-27F through the late afternoon and evening yesterday, did a slow creep starting somewhere between 10pm and midnight and then finally hit 32.5 around 5am.  Went up 12 degrees from 10:30 to 11am and then started heading back down by 12:30pm. 43F was the high at my house looks like 46F was the high downtown.

-SN now 33F

Side streets are going to be trashed tonight from the freeze since many are still slush covered with huge puddles.

Looks like flakes mixing in on the streaming Wachusett webcam

Here in Leominster, all rain, but temps dropping   Our ballfield in front of the building is starting to look damaged, but still 100% covered. Hopefully it flips soon

At home, we had 100% coverage this morning, albeit only about 6", but I am sure it looks cheesy now

Front went through here hours ago and only very slowly coasting downward.  Still 40.6F and I have very light rain even though the radar is showing snow.  So don't expect much from this back edge changeover, anything does fall will fall with temps well above freezing.  Maybe some of the squalls will make it in later but thats another issue.

Snowpack is down to 10" here.  I am 17 miles NNW of Dendrite

Looking at the dailies on the W MA Wunder sites the CAD was stubborn from Northampton to Brattleboro with Greenfield to Brattleboro corridor never really torching. N'Hamp briefly hit 50F while Springfield was in the 50's for hours and Ct baked.

Got up to 55F in Hubbardston for about 3 hours with some wind   Warm tongue

Possibly the shortest torch ever.  We hit 45 for about an hour.  Downtown Greenfield was 38F when we left still rain with flakes mixing in.

Back at the house it's 33F with -sn/pl

In the 5 years we've been here I've never seen the CAD perform this stubbornly.  It was in the 50's just south of here for hours.

This was downtown Greenfield an hour or so ago, still plenty of snow (and plenty of water in the streets from snow clogged drains).

attachicon.gif1-6a.jpg

You did really well down there--I just ran into town for some soda (and a coffee of course).

The car was reading 34 in downtown, 30 here at the Pit.  Road was whitened, but the sander was out so no icing that i could tell.  Steps/driveywayand deck are iffy.

Clouds breaking now.

Damn front seems to have slowed to a crawl, uggg. I weenie out far worse when I know there is a nice cold shot coming and I'm hoping to keep some wintry appeal around. Front seemed to move pretty steadily until it reached a line from about KASH to KORH to just east of KTOL and now its at a crawl.

Not to rain on your parade, it also seems to be a two-step drop.  An initial that brings it down to the low 40's and then a second that brings it down below freezing.  I posted an earlier version of this, but here's the latest of what happened here at the Pit.  An initial drop from 11:30 to noon, and then the secondary drop from 1:00 to now.

Gusts to 25mph so far.

Archived