mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Grinch Torch!

CT Rain

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the 6 years we've been out here I've never seen this type of spread in temps locally.  Weird jumps in short distances.

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/MA/Greenfield.html

it's really pretty cool. all over SNE and the Northeast really...all kinds of crazy temps. and over eastern areas, it's been interesting to watch the depth of the cold air increase. 

it's really pretty cool. all over SNE and the Northeast really...all kinds of crazy temps. and over eastern areas, it's been interesting to watch the depth of the cold air increase. 

Some of the temperature traces from the mesonet stations around Albany are quite fun. 

Look at the Wunderground site in Weymouth. It got to 60 1 mile south of me, while my high was like 52 for about 2 minutes. I mean talk about the front being on my fanny.

Look at the Wunderground site in Weymouth. It got to 60 1 mile south of me, while my high was like 52 for about 2 minutes. I mean talk about the front being on my fanny.

It was cool watching it come south last night at work. Knew it was coming with some momentum when the Isle of Shoals flipped ne at like 30mph.

The torch lives on here at 57° F. The air definitely has that earthly spring smell and I have the windows wide open. No bugs.

Backdoor fronts rarely make it this far west. While that's nice in the spring when much of SNE is stuck in the 40s with low clouds and we're sunny in the 60s, I'd rather have winter be winter right now.

Snow was gone as of this morning. At this rate, I might not even have any piles left. :frostymelt:

I gotta say..for a place where so many people are cold and snow lovers to see the joy and fun many people have taken in seeing a double digit snowpack wiped out  for everyone to ORH and BOS  and in a fashion equal to and in some cases worse than Jan 1996,just doesn't make sense. If it was March or something when it 's supposed to melt and be spring that's one thing. But  for 75% of the board we are looking at a green Christmas..and I guess I just don't understand why so many people find that funny or it makes them happy. Sure we all joke around with each other. This just seems different. For the lucky few who have some white left, enjoy it.

I gotta say..for a place where so many people are cold and snow lovers to see the joy and fun many people have taken in seeing a double digit snowpack wiped out for everyone to ORH and BOS and in a fashion equal to and in some cases worse than Jan 1996,just doesn't make sense. If it was March or something when it 's supposed to melt and be spring that's one thing. But for 75% of the board we are looking at a green Christmas..and I guess I just don't understand why so many people find that funny or it makes them happy. Sure we all joke around with each other. This just seems different. For the lucky few who have some white left, enjoy it.

A lot of us further east don't care as much about snowpack.

I gotta say..for a place where so many people are cold and snow lovers to see the joy and fun many people have taken in seeing a double digit snowpack wiped out  for everyone to ORH and BOS  and in a fashion equal to and in some cases worse than Jan 1996,just doesn't make sense. If it was March or something when it 's supposed to melt and be spring that's one thing. But  for 75% of the board we are looking at a green Christmas..and I guess I just don't understand why so many people find that funny or it makes them happy. Sure we all joke around with each other. This just seems different. For the lucky few who have some white left, enjoy it.

are you really that bothered by this? 

it's just snow. 1) it's out of anyone's control 2) it's meaningless in the grand scheme of life 

:weenie:

Archived