Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Grinch Torch!

CT Rain

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think 40* is about as extreme as it will ever get lol

BTV is now 22 degrees colder than the summit of Mount Mansfield and they are in the same county, lol.

4000ft...45F

2,600ft...32F

1,500ft...30F

300ft...23F

That's about as inverted as it gets. Skiing today you can feel the inversion...it's like a matter of a hundred feet it goes from feeling like March to mid-winter. The change in snow consistency is amazing. From spring skiing soft snow to frozen solid in like 100 yards.

This is definitely one of the more interesting events I've ever seen around these parts.

BTV is now 22 degrees colder than the summit of Mount Mansfield and they are in the same county, lol.

4000ft...45F

2,600ft...32F

1,500ft...30F

300ft...23F

That's about as inverted as it gets. Skiing today you can feel the inversion...it's like a matter of a hundred feet it goes from feeling like March to mid-winter. The change in snow consistency is amazing. From spring skiing soft snow to frozen solid in like 100 yards.

This is definitely one of the more interesting events I've ever seen around these parts.

NB

This storm is the complete antithesis of a winter event haha. The usual CAD spots are holding warmth, while the usual torch spots are "outperforming" (Relatively speaking) the climo favored areas

classic cold drain. pretty neat to watch. and there is something almost serendipitous about NE CT being in the 60s and NE MA being in the 30s. 

Archived