EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Grinch Torch!

CT Rain

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On behalf of those of us who apparently can't understand tongue in cheek humor, I apologize. There are some of us who do appreciate your relentless passion (and trolling!) and optimism. This would be a far duller place without your presence. A merry Xmas to you too!

Lol thanks man!! I love this place with a passion and it really crushes me when friends/ mets try and bring pain. We move onwards and upwards! Happy holidays to you and yours

IMO this was worse than Jan 96..At least for CT. other areas I know that year was worse..But to lose 11 inches of snow in less than 2 days ..well //enough said

the warmth was definitely impressive. i guess i probably should have been more specific. the way this has slowly broken down over the last 24 hours from NE to SW has been really unusual. not very often a torch ends at ACK before it ends in NYC

I kind of meant the duration of this. It just happened so fast. 96 wasn't in 36 hours was it? Maybe I am mis remembering. To lose 11 inches of snow so fast just seemed crazy

We lost a foot in two hours lol. I swear. A raging, damaging sou'easter with 3" of rain. The only good thing was the wind damage. I also went skiing at Mt Snow on a HS ski trip during the second inside runner. Epic fail.

We lost a foot in two hours lol. I swear. A raging, damaging sou'easter with 3" of rain. The only good thing was the wind damage. I also went skiing at Mt Snow on a HS ski trip during the second inside runner. Epic fail.

Lol that's the only solace I take when we get those screaming soueasters . You gotta have good wind damage otherwise they are hell on Earth

It was one of the most hideous turn of events imaginable. 

Those whining about this 6" of crap vaporizing have short memories lol

I was working at Stop and Shop when the first torch storm arrived herald in by 65mph winds. The funniest thing I ever remember was an old lady literally instantly blown over as she exited the store. Picture those Family Guy scenes where Peter goes from standing to flat on is face in the next cartoon frame. That's what it was like. Never scene anything like it. LOL.

BDL went from 38" of snow depth on 1/13/96 to a trace on 1/20/96.

29" still on 1/17! 

That was hideous. 

Getting rid of a lame looking, crusty, turning brown 6" of snow from a few nickle and dime events was no big deal. Who cares?

Wow that's impressive... BDL having a 38" snow depth is impressive on its own, then to watch that go to a trace a week later is nothing short of an epic torch.  Judging by the touchy nature of the subject on this board the past two days, I can't even imagine what would happen if something like that 29 inch melt in 3 days occurred. 

Archived