EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Grinch Torch!

CT Rain

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will attest to that Tundrascaped Wilmington. Definately a White Christmas from approx. Rt.2 north.   

So it wasn't bare ground to NH like Kevin said.

Even in Natick it's like 70% cover on our street. Nice to see to keep in the holiday spirit.

There must be still several inches left here at work.

Sounds similar to when in left sun morning just as the backdoor went through, must've held it good since then. I ended up with 3-5" in the woods and 5-6" in the yard. I was in northern Haverhill last night and they still have almost as much.

So it wasn't bare ground to NH like Kevin said.

Even in Natick it's like 70% cover on our street. Nice to see to keep in the holiday spirit.

There where 3-4' banks on the sides of the road in Wilmington. It was hard to see the woods driving back to Arlington, not only because it was dark but excessive treatment of the highway. I have to take a picture later today or tomorrow. That backdoor really pulled a miracle for some. Should close this thread on title alone and put in the rearview mirror. Three weeks from now it will be buried and a distant memory judging by the ensembles.    

You do realize that if the shoe were on the other foot it would be "deep deep white Christmas.."

Yes I know.

I really think it was Ray who set him off...he really went into meltdown mode when Ray was posting about his snowpack and temps were already down to like 34F while he was baking at 65F with tropical dewpoints. They got that little rivalry going and this one stung for Kevin.

Yes I know.

I really think it was Ray who set him off...he really went into meltdown mode when Ray was posting about his snowpack and temps were already down to like 34F while he was baking at 65F with tropical dewpoints. They got that little rivalry going and this one stung for Kevin.

Rhetorical question of course.

I love the rivalry. He has a deep passion to beat you as well...but he knows the odds of that are low. At least he can compete with Ray.

Rhetorical question of course.

I love the rivalry. He has a deep passion to beat you as well...but he knows the odds of that are low. At least he can compete with Ray.

He'll never beat ORH except maybe once every 15-20 years on a fluke...but he has a shot to beat Natick.

But it was when Ray was posting about the BDF already through his area and still a solid snowpack that Kevin went from run-of-the-mill meltdown to DEFCON1

He'll never beat ORH except maybe once every 15-20 years on a fluke...but he has a shot to beat Natick.

But it was when Ray was posting about the BDF already through his area and still a solid snowpack that Kevin went from run-of-the-mill meltdown to DEFCON1

LOL, he was definitely nervous in his texts.  The snow really built up rapidly as you went north of BOS. Medford was the start.  It's soild winter here near the NH border.

Is there any city (over 100K population) in the US that regularly beats Worcester?

As far as synoptic areas its probably pretty close. Maybe neck and neck with PWM?

Edit...Just checked PWMs population is under 100k. MHT is probably closest.

Yeah for synoptic snow, it is #1 I believe. The closest would be Denver and maybe Albany once they get over the 100k hump ( I think their population is just shy of 100k and they average about 63" per year)

Not too many cities of Worcester's size. This is the top 30 average annual snowfall amongst the first order sites that have snow climatology...

* There could be some cities missing because the normals are actually computed for a nearby co-op and not for the first order site itself.

##  ID   STATE / STATION               ELEVATION   SNOW
-------------------------------------------------------
 1  MQT  MI  MARQUETTE WSO AP             1,415   203.3
 2  SYR  NY  SYRACUSE HANCOCK  AP           413   123.8
 3  ANJ  MI  SAULT STE MARIE SNDRSN         722   123.4
 4  MQT  MI  MARQUETTE                      665   117.2
 5  CAR  ME  CARIBOU WFO                    624   109.0
 6  FLG  AZ  FLAGSTAFF AP                 7,003   103.6
 7  ERI  PA  ERIE WSO AP                    730   101.2
 8  ROC  NY  ROCHESTER INTL AP              533    99.5
 9  BUF  NY  BUFFALO NIAGARA INTL           705    94.7
10  MKG  MI  MUSKEGON CO AP                 625    93.7
11  LND  WY  LANDER AP                    5,557    91.4
12  DLH  MN  DULUTH INTL AP               1,433    86.1
13  EKN  WV  ELKINS RANDOLPH CY AP        1,979    83.5
14  BGM  NY  BINGHAMTON GREATER AP        1,606    83.4
15  APN  MI  ALPENA CO RGNL AP              684    82.8
16  BTV  VT  BURLINGTON WSO AP              330    81.2
17  CPR  WY  CASPER WSCMO                 5,338    74.9
18  GRR  MI  GERALD R FORD INTL AP          803    74.9
19  SHR  WY  SHERIDAN AP                  3,945    71.4
20  INL  MN  INTERNATIONAL FALLS AP       1,183    71.0
21  CLE  OH  CLEVELAND WSFO AP              770    68.1
22  HTL  MI  HOUGHTON ROSCOMMON AP        1,151    66.7
23  SBN  IN  SOUTH BEND AP                  773    66.6
24  BGR  ME  BANGOR AP                      148    66.1
25  ORH  MA  WORCESTER                    1,000    64.1
26  GTF  MT  GREAT FALLS AP               3,664    63.1
27  YNG  OH  YOUNGSTOWN WSO AP            1,180    62.8
28  MQE  MA  BLUE HILL                      625    62.7
29  BKW  WV  BECKLEY RALEIGH CY AP        2,514    62.0
30  PWM  ME  PORTLAND JETPORT                45    61.8

U moved from orh? whats the elevation of natick?

Archived