joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a half hour ago I heard 5 distinctive thunderous sounds.  Very loud and I do not think people were lighting off fireworks.  VERY LOUD.

Makes sense... I had spent some time mapping the convective axis and it's roughly you to BOS.  NW of that axis is lop-over winter joy.  SE of there is ...well, they'll post their sentiments. 

BTW, massive baroclinic leaf still down in the lower Apps.  Secondary is bombing.  2 hour fall of 8mb is extreme. 

Makes sense... I had spent some time mapping the convective axis and it's roughly you to BOS. NW of that axis is lop-over winter joy. SE of there is ...well, they'll post their sentiments.

BTW, massive baroclinic leaf still down in the lower Apps. Secondary is bombing. 2 hour fall of 8mb is extreme.

What is the result of the bombing? More QPF?

What is the result of the bombing? More QPF?

I strongly believe the "lightening" rad presentation in CT and western NE is because the secondary is cutting this early WAA in that region, as counter-flow gets underway.  But you still have to go through the big band down in eastern PA/C - NJ.  There's some big numbers in that band and I think there could be a significant snow-mix/ice result in CT later on as that moves up with the secondary.   

Temp just jumped a quick degree here in the last 10-15 min. About 28f...thankfully I'll be asleep before the drip drip drip starts. Sad that I will be waking up to a much different scene.

Nah... you'll flip NW and flash... It may be crunchy, but I doubt it "drips" much there.  Let us know though, that's interesting..

Makes sense... I had spent some time mapping the convective axis and it's roughly you to BOS.  NW of that axis is lop-over winter joy.  SE of there is ...well, they'll post their sentiments. 

BTW, massive baroclinic leaf still down in the lower Apps.  Secondary is bombing.  2 hour fall of 8mb is extreme. 

Just look at the thunderstorms off the Carolina coastline.

Nah... you'll flip NW and flash... It may be crunchy, but I doubt it "drips" much there.  Let us know though, that's interesting..

I'm just 3mi from the shoreline...I'd be surprised if we're not rain before the back edge is through. Even if we do manage to stay frozen...temps will probably rise into the upper 30's tomorrow morning before we finally fall back down.

Archived