joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty lame lull in CT - didn't expect to see this now but it happens. 

Writing was on the wall for that about 2 or even 3 hours ago when rad was shredded all the way down. 

also, there are some huge pressure falls now along the Del Marva... There is a band of intensifying activity in that vicinity. As the secondary is taking off, it's likely it's cutting WAA in western NE... Just a hunch but, that's how these things work.   Not sure what it would mean pushing forward, but for now, I think that's what is going on. 

I mean we'll get some taint on the end, but most of the QPF should be snow.. I'm thinking 8 or 9" total based on where I'm at now.

You're thinking right.

I went about 7-11"...expecting to fall squarely in the middle of said range.

Always dangerous to go too deeply into double digits with these sw flow events....that 14-18" put out by GYNX is whack.

Getting into the heart of it now. ripping  SN+  Just over 1/4mi vis judging by the neighborhood lights.  Temp up to 14F

Time to take a little walk with the dog and enjoy.  These opportunities need to be cherished. 

Measure when I get back.

Same here in Ayer.  Very small aggregates..uniform, almost like dust+

About 3 years ago, but I probably never changed my tag on here. I was in Charlestown for 2.5 years but recently moved to Melrose. Heading back up further N and W to get into snow zone. Looking to buy a house this spring and targeting further N and W...lol. Just trying to convince the gf to move away from her family on the South Shore. Inching our way up.

When did you relocate from Georgetown?

About 3 years ago, but I probably never changed my tag on here. I was in Charlestown for 2.5 years but recently moved to Melrose. Heading back up further N and W to get into snow zone. Looking to buy a house this spring and targeting further N and W...lol. Just trying to convince the gf to move away from her family on the South Shore. Inching our way up.

Yea, good for you...I'd look out toward the Littleton, Harvard area....great little weenie spot for snowpack retention in e MA....just far enough from ocean, yet very CAD prone on the east side of the ORH hills...

Archived