joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah man, went the other week to a lake called Lamar's . Caught about 12, and had a blast. They were mostly in the 7-12 lb range, but for middle of winter, it was great! Got some new reels for Christhmas and gotta break them in soon

Lacking snow, I may need a fish chase.

What will the weather be like on the frozen tundra next Sunday?Believe I'd rather take my chances hosting Green Bay as opposed to San Francisco. The only way the packers can win this one is for weather to come into play.

Snow showers at times. Highs in the upper teens and lows in the mid single digits.  Wind NNW at 11.

Well, it looks like it will be cool for the start of the new year; however, we warm up again by the weekend ahead of the next front. Temperatures warm up ahead of the front, but that may have been tempered due to a CAD threat.

After this front passes, it looks like we may see some very cold air. The question is how cold, and it could be a sharp boundary from temperatures in the teens and 30s across the southeast with the big push of cold air.

The mountains may have a couple of northwest snow chances; however, the chance of snow outside of the higher elevations are unlikely through the next ten days.

Overall a tranquil pattern with the weekend rain threat again.

Yay! I guess there's no use in looking at the weather for at least the next 10 days... Because after the next 10 days it will be the next 10 days and so on etc......  But appreciate the update. Just frustrated. lol 

Yay! I guess there's no use in looking at the weather for at least the next 10 days... Because after the next 10 days it will be the next 10 days and so on etc......  But appreciate the update. Just frustrated. lol 

I'm with you, appreciate the info but am getting very frustrated with the non pattern, I know I shouldn't get excited but I do when one of the models show a possibility for it to always go away. 

It would not be impossible to get snow on the backside of an arctic front; however, it is very unlikely east of the mountains. Usually the moisture moves out before the cold air arrives, but sometimes it is able to hang on. I would say more times than not areas east of the mountains do not receive snow on the backside of an arctic front.

Isn't this how we got our November snow. Your right it's very rare on this side of the hill.

Isn't this how we got our November snow. Your right it's very rare on this side of the hill.

Well, If I remember correctly, the front passed early in the day on November 12, and then the snow occurred later than night due to an upper level disturbance. The upper level 500 mb low is what caused the snow, not the surface front. The surface front just lowered the temperatures and the upper level disturbance is what caused the band of precipitation to develop.

But, this is a prime example of an arctic front and snow; however, it is still caused by the upper level low and not the surface front.

upper low after the front came thru.

Yes, I went back and looked at the details from this event. The upper level low is what caused the snow, not the surface front. I am trying to remember a situation when a surface front produced snow east of the mountains, and I can not remember a case at the moment.

I really have enjoyed following this weather forum the last few years even back in the eastern days. I have learned a great deal from some of the mets and skilled posters on here. However, I am beginning to think this forum has been taken over by teenage girls. The whining over the lack of snow is overwhelming the conversation. I picture guys like Brick throwing temper tantrums with each undesirable model run. The depression and negativity on here is amazing.

Just soak in the good stuff and ignore the junk...just the nature of the beast

Classic looking major arctic outbreak on Euro with ridging north of Alaska and strong PV lobe dropping into the northern Great Lakes...but the cold doesn't penetrate into the deep south / gulf, and it's fairly transient for such a cold air mass. Will verify 1/2 as cold?

What has to happen in order for the cold to make it into the south ?

Archived