Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only tonight, the GFS has handled this storm and the pattern terribly. Worthless.

The same with the EURO. Might as well go with the CMC because it was the first to show the rain event most are currently experiencing. We need a - NAO AO, a +PNA and some blocking. This neutral stuff isn't really helping. I bet tomorrow the ensembles will no longer show the very negative AO. It trended a little away from that today.

Lol, I thought that's what a weenie was?  T

My bad. I thought there was a lot more to a weenie than just being a whiner. I always thought being a weenie was more respectable. I mean Brick is well-known as the People's Weenie, a very honorable sounding title that has caused a lot of jealousy in the amateur wx community nationwide. If he were called The People's Whiner, I'd think he'd be embarrassed, The People's Whiner would sound downright awful and demeaning! Also, Brick has a great WOTY campaign every year at this time. I've often said that Brick's campaign manager should be used by one of the candidates in the U.S. Presidential race. OTOH, I bet he wouldn't even want to be Whiner of the Year! For that matter, who in their right mind would?

I know it's off topic but that's what this board is all about, learning and having a hobby. :clap:

Anticipating a cool/cold rain every single weekend with cold in between and never seeing a snow ain't much of a hobby!

I read these boards daily so it is a hobby to me too I guess but one I'm trying to quit.

My bad. I thought there was a lot more to a weenie than just being a whiner. I always thought being a weenie was more respectable. I mean Brick is well-known as the People's Weenie, a very honorable sounding title that has caused a lot of jealousy in the amateur wx community nationwide. If he were called The People's Whiner, I'd think he'd be embarrassed, The People's Whiner would sound downright awful and demeaning! Also, Brick has a great WOTY campaign every year at this time. I've often said that Brick's campaign manager should be used by one of the candidates in the U.S. Presidential race. OTOH, I bet he wouldn't even want to be Whiner of the Year! For that matter, who in their right mind would?

Just keeping it real for my peeps. That's how I roll.

It really is getting old. Either the cold air we do get for a couple of days is wasted because it's dry, or we get a ton of precip like today with no cold air around. Sometimes I wish it was just warm and sunny all the time and we didn't e.ven have a chance for snow ever again. Would make things a lot easier to take.

That's why I wished I lived in Florida. At least I would never get disappointed when it comes to snow. This wait until next winter crap really gets old. Next winter is a long time away. I could be dead by then !

Extreme disappointment here as I was really looking forward to some Cross Country Skiing over my time off.

In the rack the cross country skis stay.

Perhaps I should just mount them on the wall like as a trophy or something.

At this point, the best of the most enjoyable winter is already gone and I frankly have little confidence the remainder of winter will produce this year. The pattern is just too overwhelmingly against the NC Mountains this year getting solid snow.

For me, the most enjoyable snows are always early December at the start of Advent through mid January.

Extreme disappointment here as I was really looking forward to some Cross Country Skiing over my time off.

In the rack the cross country skis stay.

Perhaps I should just mount them on the wall like as a trophy or something.

At this point, the best of the most enjoyable winter it already gone and I frankly have little confidence the remainder of winter will produce this year. The pattern is just too overwhelmingly against the NC Mountains this year getting solid snow.

For me, the most enjoyable snows are always early December at the start of Advent through mid January.

Agree. I enjoy the mid December to mid late January snows the best. They hang around so much longer and it's easier to find time off from work to be able to enjoy

Archived