Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain to me why long threads should be slower to load? There's no reason why that should be the case if the database is halfway properly normalized and indexed. Loading a page worth of posts should cost the same regardless of how many other pages there are.

Because when I'm out and about I'm not always on 4g. For some reason my phone is fine when loading under 50 pages on a thread, but not so much when it gets into the 70+ page mark. 

Because when I'm out and about I'm not always on 4g. For some reason my phone is fine when loading under 50 pages on a thread, but not so much when it gets into the 70+ page mark.

Do you get all the posts in a single page load? You should only get some constant number of posts per page, maxing out at, what, 30? Loading 30 posts should always take the same amount of time, regardless of the number of other posts in the thread.

Do you get all the posts in a single page load? You should only get some constant number of posts per page, maxing out at, what, 30? Loading 30 posts should always take the same amount of time, regardless of the number of other posts in the thread.

It loads at 30 posts per page. I'm not sure why it has become slow loading the discussion thread. I've tried updating my phone twice with no luck. It is fine for any other thread. It's a windows phone....sigh  :( 

Please let the Euro be right and the GFS cave to it. Please, please, please.

You already know whichever model doesn't show the snow is most likely to be right. Yesterday the GFS had the storm, and the Euro didn't, now it's the opposite today. Also the Euro did the same thing in November. It had showed 2 huge storms for NC only two bring them away a few runs later. I'll give it to 0z before it caves to the GFS.

You already know whichever model doesn't show the snow is most likely to be right. Yesterday the GFS had the storm, and the Euro didn't, now it's the opposite today. Also the Euro did the same thing in November. It had showed 2 huge storms for NC only two bring them away a few runs later. I'll give it to 0z before it caves to the GFS.

I don't like you.

If y'all are waiting for those totals within a 6 hr drive from here, good luck this year!!! You may want to increase the drive time 2-4 hours and catch a lake effect event? That would be worth the drive

Eh, you could probably hit up Snowshoe, WV or something sometime this year and get that, even if it's largely from upslope.

If y'all are waiting for those totals within a 6 hr drive from here, good luck this year!!! You may want to increase the drive time 2-4 hours and catch a lake effect event? That would be worth the drive

Nah. I've been in lake effect events.   When you can clear 12" of snow by taking a deep breath blowing on it, it just isn't the same.

Consideration for Donation Subscription to our Weather Board

In reading through the threads in the SE Forum this morning, it is astonishing to note how few of us actually have a paid subscription membership to the forum as indicated by a colored star underneath the member name on posts when viewed on the full page theme on a PC.

In particular, none of the posters cluttering up the threads with mindless repeating posts are paid subscribing members.

It would be a great for everyone's New Year committment to suscribe at least to the $25 annual level Gold Subscription.

The costs to run our board are not free.

The link to subscribe is here:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/store/category/1-upgrade-packages/

Agree, as much of a bummer we probably won't be hit, it's still cool to see a huge winter storm hit someone. Boston might be at winter climo for snowfall after this storm and they will have 10 more weeks of winter left. Pretty amazing streak they have been on with the hurricane winter storms, the record setting Feb this past winter, solid Nov/Dec this winter and now this, they can't go wrong, playing the hot hand.

Strongly disagree. :D

Yeah, not really that cool.

Consideration for Donation Subscription to our Weather Board

In reading through the threads in the SE Forum this morning, it is astonishing to note how few of us actually have a paid subscription membership to the forum as indicated by a colored star underneath the member name on posts when viewed on the full page theme on a PC.

In particular, none of the posters cluttering up the threads with mindless repeating posts are paid subscribing members.

It would be a great for everyone's New Year committment to suscribe at least to the $25 annual level Gold Subscription.

The costs to run our board are not free.

The link to subscribe is here:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/store/category/1-upgrade-packages/

I'm not going to pay money to some forum that is full of idiots who don't know how to moderate or make the site compelling, and who are a bunch of climate-change deniers and misogynistic douchebags.

Archived