• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

metalicwx366

I wonder what things would have been like in December of 1987 if we had this weather board. Record warmth and severe storms in mid December, followed by flooding rains at Christmas time................

I bet things would have been a complete train wreck on here, not knowing that one of the all time great west to east snowstorms was going to hit on January 6-7th.

Sure, we can get blanked again, but we have already had two anemic winters in a row. Pulling a third isn't impossible, but I also don't think it's probable either.

lol.. im sure winter would have been cancelled by thanksgiving and the ones who cancelled it would be posting the most.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think about the trend of troughing in the west again? False signal, transient, or legit? If it's the latter, then probably half of January is shot.

the euro ensembles have been doing this in the 13 to 15 day timeframe for about ten days now. Only to correct east with the trough as we get closer. It could be right, time will tell. But a trough east of Hawaii would argue against it. It also keeps low heights over Cuba. Go figure.

Tony quote in pattern discussion thread: "Oh, I kid, but snow is amazing in it's own way.  Watching it fall for hours, walking in the woods in the dead of night like it's all lit up.  The soft, soft sound of it brushing it's neighbors on the way down, then piling up with tiny sounds just audible.  Everything still.  The crunch of your shoes, the squeek when it's deep enough so your tread doesn't find the ground.  Birds shaking it off, or it sluffing from the pine bows.  It's magical, mystical, mesmerizing beauty.... the very soul of natures art."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Gosh darnit, Tony, you use your tongue purdier than a twenty dollar whore! I didn't know you had it in you!

Lol, thanks...I think :)  T

my empty gas tank argues against that!

Yeah the last 3 days have been really cool. We haven't gotten above 55 in the past two days. This has also brought down our departure for the month of +10 to +7. The heat waves this year has been followed by cold outbreaks. International Falls hasn't had a low above 0 this month and they are -19 for the month.

I cant believe anybody would pay for his thoughts.

His "free" thoughts are ok, haha.  It's not like he keeps all that stuff to himself anyway.  He eventually lets it out via twitter.  It works out well............. as ironically enough, approximately 150 characters of JB is all I can handle.

As for what people buy, I would just say I was paying for their model suite.  The truth is, if this Americanwx suite wasn't so well laid out, I'd probably be paying for the Weatherbell suite.

I cant believe anybody would pay for his thoughts.

His "free" thoughts are ok, haha.  It's not like he keeps all that stuff to himself anyway.  He eventually lets it out via twitter.  It works out well............. as ironically enough, approximately 150 characters of JB is all I can handle.

As for what people buy, I would just say I was paying for their model suite.  The truth is, if this Americanwx suite wasn't so well laid out, I'd probably be paying for the Weatherbell suite.

I pay for the WxBell suite. IMO the graphics for ALL season outweigh other model sites. I cancelled netflix and it made it affordable.

As far as paying for his thoughts, he gives a thorough model update at least once if not twice daily in his videos. If I don't feel like looking at the 0z/6z suite in the morning I watch his 6-10min video and he does a great job. He does push a certain agenda you just have to remember that, overall I love Maue's products especially his tropical stuff which he obviously has a passion for.

I pay for the WxBell suite. IMO the graphics for ALL season outweigh other model sites. I cancelled netflix and it made it affordable. As far as paying for his thoughts, he gives a thorough model update at least once if not twice daily in his videos. If I don't feel like looking at the 0z/6z suite in the morning I watch his 6-10min video and he does a great job. He does push a certain agenda you just have to remember that, overall I love Maue's products especially his tropical stuff which he obviously has a passion for.

I can certainly see that.  I used to pay for him several years ago when he was at Accuweatherpro, mainly for their model suite, but when it came to discussions I would usually yield to Joe Lundberg.  That guy is a really good met.  When they were agreeing on a pattern, you could just about take it to the bank.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to be able to spell Lamborghini before they will sell you one.

If you've got the money they'll let you call it a lameboredweenie.  Glad i don't have to look up every spelling since I have Mr. KnowItAll CorrectAll to do it for me :)  I bet you graded papers with  angry yellow marks, or red......

Archived