Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In particular, none of the posters cluttering up the threads with mindless repeating posts are paid subscribing members.

Duh? Why would the mindless sub when warning points and bans are being threatened every week? Better question...who wants the mindless to sub anyway? I thought we all want them vanished?

I turn my ad block off for this site if that helps. 

Maybe the pattern will hold true and some on the board will see some light accumulating snow March/April again.

Is that like folks saying we still have February even when we have had more snow in central NC in December and January than February since 2000? Winter and the window for getting snow here seems to get smaller and smaller each year.

Our window for snow is getting shorter and shorter each day. After about Mid February, our chances of snow go down drastically. And of course the sun angle starts becoming a huge factor and you have to pray that it snows at night and not during the middle of the day.

March averages more snow than February...for what its worth in North GA.

Maybe down in West Georgia that's true but not here.

Don't listen to him. We are not out of the game until mid to late Marxh. Sure we would all love to see early winter snow with a low sun angle but some of the heavier snows I've seen came later in winter. I'm guessing he wasn't around in 93.

I'm a moderator on Twitch and I was wondering if I could apply here to help moderate? Any papers I need to fill out?

Wow, I almost spit tea on my keyboard. That's the funniest post I have read all year. Almost sig worthy..... Sure Wilkes, we let you moderate the "Climate Change" forum this Summer so you can get some experience.

Don't listen to him. We are not out of the game until mid to late Marxh. Sure we would all love to see early winter snow with a low sun angle but some of the heavier snows I've seen came later in winter. I'm guessing he wasn't around in 93.

He said he was over 70 but I don't know where he lived then. Others: in 83, the heaviest snow since 1940 at the airport occurred on 3/24 during the daytime (8" at the airport!!). Also, 3/14/1924 and 3/11/1960 were major. It snowed and stuck on 4/25/1910, too!

I think we just have to believe whatever model is not showing snow is the right one, and hang on to that unless more show snow than don't.

Lol I told you that. I don't why folks were really expecting anything. Sure we are 6+ days out, but the Teleconnections aren't even that good and we have no blocking as well.

Lol I told you that. I don't why folks were really expecting anything. Sure we are 6+ days out, but the Teleconnections aren't even that good and we have no blocking as well.

Because that one run of the Euro was awesome. I don't get how they can be so off like that. Is there really that small of a difference that creates a run like that versus the next one that shows nothing?

Archived